Ȩ > ½ÅÇà»ýÈ° > °æÀü°øºÎ°æÀü°øºÎ

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 531°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç

¼ýŸ´ÏÆÄŸ(¿µ-ÇÑ)
±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¹é·Ã»ç ³¯Â¥ : 2009-01-13 (È­) 11:36 Á¶È¸ : 2513
ÀÌ ¸§ :
°ü¸®ÀÚ [µî·ÏÀÏ : 2003-11-08 ¿ÀÈÄ 9:19:00]
Á¦ ¸ñ :
¼ýŸ´ÏÆÄŸ(¿µ-ÇÑ)

(http://www.buddhapia.com ÀÇ ¿µ¾î·Î ¹è¿ì´Â °æÀü¿¡¼­ ¿Å°Ü³õ¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù.)

Æȸ®¾î·Î Sutta´Â °æÀü, Nipata´Â ¸ðÀ½(ó¢)À̶õ ÀǹÌÀÌ´Ù. ±×·¯¹Ç·Î ¼ýŸ´ÏÆÄŸ(Suttanipata)¶õ °ð °æÁýÀ» ¸»ÇÑ´Ù.
¼ýŸ´ÏÆÄŸÀÇ ±¸¼ºÀº »çÇ°(Þïù¡), ¼ÒÇ°(á³ù¡), ´ëÇ°(ÓÞù¡), ÀÇÇ°(ëùù¡), ÇǾȵµÇ°(ù¨äÍÔ³ù¡)ÀÇ 5ÀåÀ¸·Î µÇ¾î ÀÖ´Ù. »çÇ°(Þïù¡)Àº 12°³ÀÇ °æÀ» ¼ö·Ï, ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þ¾î ¹ö¸®µí Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ´Ù ¹ö¸°´Ù´Â ±¸ÀýÀÌ ¹Ýº¹µÇ±â ¶§¹®¿¡ ÀÌ·± À̸§ÀÌ ºÙ¿©Á³´Ù.
¼ÒÇ°Àº ªÀº 14°³ÀÇ °æÀ», ´ëÇ°Àº ºñ±³Àû ±ä 11°³ÀÇ °æÀ» ¼ö·ÏÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÇÇ°Àº ¿ø¾îÀÎ Atthakavagga¿¡ µû¶ó ÆÈ°ÔÇ°(ø¢Ì§ù¡)À̶ó°íµµ ÇÏ¸ç ¿¹·ÎºÎÅÍ 16°æÀÇ ±¸¼ºÀ» À¯ÁöÇϸç ÀüÇØÁ® ¿Ô´Âµ¥ ÇÑ¿ª ÀÇÇ°°æÀÌ ¹Ù·Î ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ´Ù. ÇǾȵµÇ°Àº 16ÀÎÀÇ ÇлýµéÀÌ ºÎó´Ô²² Áú¹®ÇÏ°í ÀÌ¿¡ ´ëÇØ ºÎó´Ô²²¼­ ´äÇÏ´Â ¹®´ä 16Àý°ú ¼­¿Í °áÀ» ÇÕÇÑ 18Àý·Î µÇ¾î ÀÖ´Ù.

¥°. URAGAVAGGA(Þïù¡)
1.URAGASUTTA(ÞïÌè)

¢¼ He who restrains anger when it has arisen, as they by medicines restrain the poison of the snake spreading in the body, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾àÀ¸·Î ¹ìÀÇ µ¶ÀÌ ¸ö¿¡ ÆÛÁö´Â °ÍÀ» ¸·µí, È­°¡ ÀϾ ¶§ ¾ïÁ¦ÇÏ´Â ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who has cut off passion entirely, as they cut off the lotus-flower growing in a lake, after diving into the water, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¿¬¸ø¿¡¼­ ÀÚ¶ó´Â ¿¬²ÉÀ» ¹°¼Ó¿¡ µé¾î°¡ ²ªµí, ¾Ö¿åÀ» ¿ÏÀüÈ÷ ²÷Àº ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who has cut off craving entirely, the flowing, the quickly running, after drying it up, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

³ÑÃÄ È帣´Â °¥¾ÖÀÇ ¹°»ìÀ» ¿ÏÀüÈ÷ ¸»·Á¹ö¸° ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who has destroyed arrogance entirely, as the flood destroys a very frail bridge of reeds, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

È«¼ö°¡ ¿¬¾àÇÑ °¥´ë ´Ù¸®¸¦ ºÎ¼öµí ±³¸¸À» ¿ÏÀüÈ÷ ¾ø¾Ø ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

*Bhikkju ¼öÇàÀÚ (Æȸ®¾î)

¢¼ He who has not found any essence in the existences, like one that looks for flowers on fig-trees, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¹«È­°ú³ª¹«¿¡¼­ ²ÉÀ» ã´Â »ç¶÷ó·³(²ÉÀ» ãÀ» ¼ö ¾øµí), Á¸Àç¿¡¼­ º»ÁúÀ» ãÁö ¾Ê´Â ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He in whose breast there are no feelings of anger, who has thus overcome reiterated existence, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

°¡½¿ ¼Ó¿¡ ¼º³¿ÀÌ ¾ø°í µÇÇ®À̵Ǵ »îÀ» ±Øº¹ÇÑ ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He whose doubts are scattered, cut off entirely inwardly, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

ÀǽÉÀ» ¹°¸®ÃÄ ²÷¾î¼­ ¿ÏÀüÈ÷ ³»¸éÀ» ÇâÇÑ ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who did not go too fast forward, nor was left behind, who overcame all this world of delusion, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾ÕÀ¸·Î ³Ê¹« »¡¸® °¡Áöµµ, µÚóÁöÁöµµ ¾Ê°í ÀÌ ¼¼°èÀÇ ¹ÌȤÀ» ¸ðµÎ À̰ܳ½ ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who did not go too fast forward, nor was left behind, having seen that all this in the world is false, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾ÕÀ¸·Î ³Ê¹« »¡¸® °¡Áöµµ, µÚóÁöÁöµµ ¾Ê°í ¼¼»óÀÇ ÀÌ ¸ðµç °ÍÀÌ °ÅÁþÀÓÀ» ¾Æ´Â ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who did not go too fast forward, nor was left behind, being free from hatred, seeing that all this is false, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾ÕÀ¸·Î ³Ê¹« »¡¸® °¡Áöµµ, µÚóÁöÁöµµ ¾Ê°í, ÀÌ ¸ðµç °ÍÀÌ °ÅÁþÀÓÀ» ¾Ë¾Æ ¹Ì¿ò¿¡¼­ ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿ÍÁø ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù. ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who did not go too fast forward, nor was left behind, being free from folly, seeing that all this is false, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾ÕÀ¸·Î ³Ê¹« »¡¸® °¡Áöµµ, µÚóÁöÁöµµ ¾Ê°í, ÀÌ ¸ðµç °ÍÀÌ °ÅÁþÀÓÀ» ¾Ë¾Æ ¾î¸®¼®À½¿¡¼­ ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿ÍÁø ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀº ¶°³­´Ù, ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He to whom there are no affections whatsoever, whose sins are extirpated from the root, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

¾î¶² ¾ÖÂøµµ ¾øÀÌ Á˸¦ »Ñ¸®Â° »Ì¾Æ¹ö¸° ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù. ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He to whom there are no sins whatsoever originating in fear, which are the causes of coming back to this shore, that bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

ÀÌ ¼¼»óÀ¸·Î µ¹¾Æ¿Ã ¿øÀÎÀÌ µÇ´Â, µÎ·Á¿ò¿¡¼­ »ý±â´Â ¾î¶² ¹ø³úµµ ¾ø´Â ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù. ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He to whom there are no sins whatsoever originating in desire, which are the causes of binding men to existence, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

»ç¶÷À» »ýÁ¸¿¡ ¹­´Â ¿øÀÎÀÌ µÇ´Â, ¿å¸Á¿¡¼­ »ý±â´Â ¾î¶² ¹ø³úµµ ¾ø´Â ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â Â÷¾È°ú ÇǾÈÀ» ¶°³­´Ù. ¹ìÀÌ Á¦ ³°Àº Çã¹°À» ¹þµí.

¢¼ He who, having left the five obstacles, is free from suffering, has overcome doubt, and is without pain, that Bhikkhu leaves this and the further shore, as a snake quits its old worn out skin.

´Ù¼¸°¡Áö Àå¾Ö¸¦ ¶°³ª °íÅë¿¡¼­ ÀÚÀ¯
DHANIYASUTTA (´Ù´Ï¾ß°æ)

¢¼ ¡®I have boiled my rice, I have milked my cows¡¯-so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®I am living together with my fellows near the banks of the Mahi river, my house is covered, the fire is kindled: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯

³ª´Â ¹äµµ Áö¾î ³õ¾Ò°í ¼ÒÁ¥µµ Â¥ ³õ¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù, ¸ñµ¿ ´Ù´Ï¾ß°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. ³ª´Â ¸¶È÷°­µÏ °¡±îÀÌ¿¡¼­ óÀÚ¿Í »ì°íÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù. ÁýÀÇ À̾ûÀº ¿«¾ú°í ºÒµµ ÁöÆì ³õ¾ÒÀ¸´Ï ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©.

¢¼ ¡°I am free from anger, free from stubbornness¡¯-so said Bhagavat-¡®I am abiding for one night near the banks of the Mahi river, my house is uncovered, the fire of passion is extinguished: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯

³ª´Â ¼º³¿¿¡¼­µµ, °íÁý¿¡¼­µµ ÇعæµÇ¾ú´Ù. ½º½Â(ºÎó´Ô)ÀÌ ¸»¾¸Çϼ̴Ù. ³ª´Â ¸¶È÷°­µÏ °¡±îÀÌ¿¡¼­ ÇÏ·í¹ãÀ» ¹¬°í ÀÖÀ¸¸ç À̾ûÀº ÀÕÁö ¾Ê¾Ò°í ¿åÁ¤ÀÇ ºÒÀº ²¨Á³´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¶ó, ¿À, ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®Gad-flies are not to be found with me¡¯-so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®in meadows abounding with grass the cows are roaming, and they can endure rain when it comes: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯¼èÆĸ®µµ ¾ø°í, Ç®ÀÌ ¹«¼ºÇÑ ÃÊ¿ø¿¡¼­ ¼ÒµéÀº ³ë´Ò°í ±×µéÀº ºñ°¡ ¿Íµµ ÂüÀ» ¼ö ÀÖÀ¸´Ï, ÁÁÀ¸½Ã´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®By me is made a well constructed raft,¡¯-so said Bhagavat,-¡®I have passed over to Nibbana, I have reached the further bank, having overcome the torrent of passions; there is no further use for a raft: therefore if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯

³ª´Â Æ°Æ°ÇÑ ¶Â¸ñÀ» ¸¸µé¾î, ½º½Â(ºÎó´Ô)ÀÌ ¸»¾¸Çϼ̴Ù,¿­¹ÝÀ¸·Î °Ç³Ê°¬´Ù. ³ª´Â ¿åÁ¤ÀÇ ±Þ·ù¸¦ À̰ܳ»°í ÇǾȿ¡ À̸£·¯ ÀÌÁ¦ ¶Â¸ñÀÌ ÇÊ¿ä¾øÀ¸´Ï, ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¶ó, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®My wife is obedient, not wanton,¡¯- so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®for a long time she has been living together with me, she is winning, and I hear nothing wicked of her: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯

³» ¾Æ³»´Â ¼øÁ¾ÀûÀÌ°í ºÎÁ¤ÇÑ ¿©Àεµ ¾Æ´Õ´Ï´Ù, ¸ñµ¿ ´Ù´Ï¾ß°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. ¾Æ³»´Â ¿À·§µ¿¾È ³ª¿Í ÇÔ²² »ì¾Ò´Âµ¥ ¸Å·ÂÀÖ°í ±×³à¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ³ª»Û ¼Ò¹®Àº µé¾î º» ÀûÀÌ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÁÁÀ¸½Ã´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®My mind is obedient, delivered from all worldliness,¡¯-so said Bhagavat,-¡®it has for a long time been highly cultivated and well-subdued, there is no longer anything wicked in me: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯
³» ¸¶À½Àº °íºÐ°íºÐÇÏ°í ¸ðµç ¼¼¼ÓÀûÀÎ °Í¿¡¼­ ÇعæµÇ¾î ÀÖ´Ù, ½º½ÂÀÌ ¸»¾¸Çϼ̴Ù. ³» ¸¶À½Àº ¿À·§µ¿¾È ±íÀÌ ¼ö¾çÇß°í Àß ´Ù½º·ÁÁ® ³» ¾È¿¡´Â »ñµÈ °ÍÀÌ ¾ø´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¶ó, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®I support myself by my own earnings,¡¯-so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®and my children are all about me, healthy; I hear nothing wicked of them: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯
³ª´Â ³»°¡ ¹ú¾î¼­ »ì¾Æ°¡°í, ¸ñµ¿ ´Ù´Ï¾ß°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù, ³ªÀÇ ¾ÆÀ̵éÀº ³» ÁÖÀ§¿¡¼­ °Ç°­ÇÕ´Ï´Ù. ³ª´Â ±×µé¿¡ °üÇÑ ¾î¶² ³ª»Û À̾߱⵵ µèÁö ¸øÇÏ´Ï, ÁÁÀ¸½Ã´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­, ¿À ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®I am no one£§s servant¡¯£­so said Bhagavat, ¡®with what I have gained I wander about in all the world, there is no need for me to serve: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯
½º½Â(ºÎó´Ô)ÀÌ ¸»Çß´Ù. ³ª´Â ±× ´©±¸ÀÇ °í¿ëÀεµ ¾Æ´Ï´Ù. ½º½º·Î ¾òÀº °Í¿¡ ÀÇÇØ ¿Â ¼¼»óÀ» °Å´Ï³ë¶ó. ³²¿¡°Ô °í¿ëµÉ ÀÌÀ¯°¡ ¾ø´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿© ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­.

¢¼ ¡®I have cows, I have calves,¡¯-so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®I have cows in calf and heifers, and I have also a bull as lord over the cows: therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯
°« ž ¼Û¾ÆÁöµµ ÀÖ°í Á¥À» © ¼ö ÀÖ´Â ¾Ï¼Òµµ ÀÖ´Ù. ¸ñµ¿ ´Ù´Ï¾ß°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. »õ³¢ ¹ê ¾î¹Ì¼Òµµ ÀÖ°í ¹ßÁ¤±âÀÇ ¾Ï¼Òµµ ÀÖ´Ù. ±×¸®°í ÀÌ ¸ðµç ¼ÒµéÀÇ Â¦ÀΠȲ¼Òµµ ÀÖÀ¸´Ï ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿© ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®¼Ò¼­.

*subdue ºÎµå·´°Ô(¿ÂÈ­ÇÏ°Ô) ÇÏ´Ù
*wicked ºÎµµ´öÇÑ ºÎÁ¤ÇÑ

¢¼ ¡®I have no cows, I have no calves,¡¯-so said Bhagavat,-¡®I have no cows in calf and no heifers, and I have no bull as a lord over the cows : therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!
½º½ÂÀÌ ´äÇß´Ù. ³ª¿¡°Ô´Â ¼Û¾ÆÁöµµ ¾ø°í, Á¥À» © ¼ö ÀÖ´Â ¾Ï¼Òµµ ¾ø´Ù. »õ³¢ ¹ê ¾Ï¼Òµµ ¾ø°í ¹ßÁ¤±âÀÇ ¾Ï¼Òµµ ¾ø´Ù. ±×¸®°í ÀÌ ¸ðµç ¾Ï¼ÒµéÀÇ Â¦ÀΠȲ¼Òµµ ¾øÀ¸´Ï ÁÁ´Ù¸é ºñ¸¦ ³»·Á¶ó, ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©!

¢¼ ¡®The stakes are driven in, and cannot be shaken,¡¯-so said the herdsman Dhaniya,-¡®the ropes are made of munga grass, new and well-made, the cows will not be able to break them : therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¸»¶ÒÀÌ ±í°Ô ¹ÚÇô Èçµé¸®Áö ¾Ê´Â´Ù. ¾çÄ¡±â ´Ù´Ï¾ß°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. ¡®¹®»ç¡¯Ç®·Î ¿«Àº »õ ¹åÁÙÀº Àß ²Ò¾î ÀÖÀ¸´Ï ¼Û¾ÆÁöµµ ²÷À» ¼ö ¾øÀ» °ÍÀÌ´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©, ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®·Á°Åµç ³»·Á¶ó!
¢¼ ¡®Having, like a bull, rent the bonds ; having, like an elephant, broken through the galukkhi creeper, I shall not again enter into a womb : therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!¡¯
Then at once a shower poured down, filling both sea and land. Hearing the sky raining, Dhaniya spoke thus:
½º½ÂÀÌ ´äÇß´Ù. ¼º³­ Ȳ¼Ò°°ÀÌ ³ª´Â °í»ßÁÙÀ» ²÷´Â´Ù. ÄÚ³¢¸®Ã³·³ ³¿»õ³ª´Â µ¢±¼Ç®À» Áþ¹âÀ¸¸ç ³ª´Â µÎ ¹ø ´Ù½Ã ¸ðżӿ¡ µé¾î°¡Áö ¾ÊÀ» °ÍÀÌ´Ù. ±×·¯´Ï ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ¿©, ºñ¸¦ ³»¸®·Á°Åµç ³»·Á¶ó!
À̶§ °©ÀÚ±â Å« ºñ°¡ ³»·Á ¶¥°ú ¹Ù´Ù°¡ ¸ðµÎ ¹°¿¡ Àá°å´Ù. ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ »Ñ¸®´Â ºø¼Ò¸®¸¦ µè°í ´Ù´Ï¾ß´Â ¸»Çß´Ù.
*munga Ç®ÀÇ ÀÏÁ¾ ¹®»çÃÊ(ÙþÞ÷õ®)(ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*creeper µ¢±¼½Ä¹°, ±â´Â °Í(°ïÃæµûÀ§)
*womb ÀÚ±Ã, ¸ðÅÂ

¢¼ KHAGGAVISANASUTTA (ÄÚ»Ô¼Ò°æ)

¢¼ Having laid aside the rod against all beings, and not hurting any of them, let no one wish for a son, much less for a companion, let him wander alone like a rhinoceros.
»ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â °Íµé¿¡°Ô Æø·ÂÀ» ¾²Áö ¸»¶ó. »ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â °ÍµéÀ» ÇØÄ¡Áöµµ ¸»¶ó. ³Ê¹« ¸¹Àº ÀÚ³à¿Í Ä£±¸¸¦ °®°íÀÚ ÇÏÁöµµ ¸»°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ In him who has intercourse with others affections arise, and then the pain which follows affection ; considering the misery that originates in affection let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

»ç±ÑÀÌ ±í¾îÁö¸é ¾ÖÁ¤ÀÌ ½ÏÆ®°í »ç¶ûÀÌ ÀÖÀ¸¸é °Å±â °íÅëÀÇ ±×¸²ÀÚ°¡ µû¸£³ª´Ï »ç¶ûÀ¸·ÎºÎÅÍ ºÒÇàÀÌ ½ÃÀ۵Ǵ °ÍÀ» ±íÀÌ °üÂûÇÏ°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ He who has compassion on his friends and confidential companions loses his own advantage, having a fetteres mind ; seeing this danger in friendship let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Ä£±¸³ª ÁÖÀ§ »ç¶÷µéÀ» ³Ê¹« ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ¿© ¸¶À½ÀÌ ±×µé¿¡°Ô ¾ô¸ÅÀÌ°Ô µÇ¸é º»·¡ÀÇ ¶æÀ» ÀҰԵȴÙ. (Ä£ÇÔ)¿¡´Â ÀÌ·± ¿ì·Á°¡ ÀÖ´Ù´Â °ÍÀ» °üÂûÇÏ°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Just as a large bamboo tree with its branches entangled in each other, such is the care one has with children and wife ; but like the shoot of a bamboo not clinging to anything let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÀÚ½ÄÀ̳ª ¾Æ³»¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ¾ÖÂøÀº ¸¶Ä¡ °¡Áö°¡ ¹«¼ºÇÑ ´ë³ª¹«°¡ ¼­·Î ¾ûÄÑ ÀÖ´Â °Í°ú °°´Ù. ±×·¯³ª Á×¼øÀº ´Ù¸¥ ³ª¹«°¡Áö¿¡ ´Þ¶óºÙÁö ¾ÊµíÀÌ ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*rhinoceros ÄÚ»Ô¼Ò, ¹«¼Ò
*fetters Á·¼â, ¼Ó¹Ú, ±¸¼Ó

¢¼ As a beast unbound in the forest goes feeding at pleasure, so let the wise man, considering only his own will, wander alone like a rhinoceros. ½£¼ÓÀÇ ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿î Áü½ÂÀÌ ¸ÔÀ̸¦ ±¸ÇÏ·¯ °¡µí ÁöÇý·Î¿î ÀÌ´Â ±× ÀÚ½ÅÀÇ ±æ¸¸À» »ý°¢Çϸ鼭 ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ There is a constant calling in the midst of company, both when sitting, standing, walking, and going away ; but let one, looking only for freedom from desire and for following his own will, wander alone like a rhinoceros.
µ¿·áµé ¼Ó¿¡ ÀÖÀ¸¸é ¾ÉÀ» ¶§³ª ¼³ ¶§³ª °ÉÀ» ¶§³ª ¿©ÇàÇÒ ¶§Á¶Â÷ Ç×»ó Áö³ªÄ¡°Ô °£¼·À» ¹Þ°Ô µÈ´Ù. ±×·¯³ª Ȧ·ÎÀÌ ¿å¸ÁÀ¸·ÎºÎÅÍ ¹þ¾î³ª ÀÚ½ÅÀÇ ¶æ¿¡ µû¶ó ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ There is sport and amusement in the midst of company, and for children there is great affection; although disliking separation from his dear friends, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

µ¿·áµé ¼Ó¿¡ ÀÖÀ¸¸é °Å±â À¯Èñ¿Í ȯ¶ôÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ¶Ç Àڳ࿡ ´ëÇÑ ¾ÖÁ¤Àº ±í¾î¸¸ °£´Ù. ±×·¯³ª »ç¶ûÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷µé°úÀÇ À̺°ÀÌ ½È°Åµç ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ He who is at home in all the four regions and is not hostile to any one, being content with this or that, overcoming all dangers fearlessly, let him wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¾î´À °÷ÀÌµç °¡°í ½ÍÀº ´ë·Î °¡¶ó. ÇØÄ¡·Á´Â ¸¶À½À» °®Áö ¸»°í ¹«¾ùÀ» ¾òµç ±×°ÍÀ¸·Î ¸¸Á·ÇØ Ç϶ó. ÀÌ ¸ðµç °í³­À» Âü°í °ßµð¸ç Á¶±Ýµµ µÎ·Á¿ö ÇÏÁö ¸»°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*unbound Á¦ÇѾø´Â, ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿î
*hostile ÀûÀÇÀÖ´Â, ºñ¿ìÈ£ÀûÀÎ
¢¼Discontented are some pabbagitas(ascetics) also some gahatthas(householders) dwelling in houses ; let one, caring little about other people¡¯s children, wander alone like a rhinoceros.
ÁýÀ» ¶°³­ ¼öÇàÀÚ³ª ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡ »ç´Â »ç¶÷ Áß¿¡ Áö³ªÄ¡°Ô ºÒ¸¸ÀÌ ¸¹Àº »ç¶÷µéÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ³²ÀÇ Àڳ࿡ ´ëÇØ Áö³ªÄ£ °ü½ÉÀ» °®Áö ¸»°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Removing the marks of a gihin(a householder) like a Kovilara tree whose leaves are fallen, let one, after cutting off heroically the ties of a gihin, wander alone like a rhinoceros.
ÀÙÀÌ Áø Äڹ߶ó¶ó ³ª¹«Ã³·³ ¼¼¼ÓÀÇ ¼Ó¹ÚÀ» ¹Ì·Ã¾øÀÌ À߶ó ¹ö¸®°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ If one acquires a clever companion, an associate righteous and wise, let him, overcoming all dangers, wander about with him glad and thoughtful. Çö¸íÇÏ°í ¿Ã¹Ù¸¥ ¹þµéÀ» ¸¸³­´Ù¸é ÀÌ ¸ðµç À§Çè¿¡¼­ ¹þ¾î³¯ ¼ö ÀÖÀ» °ÍÀÌ´Ù. ±×·¯¹Ç·Î Æí¾ÈÇÏ°í ³Ë³ËÇÑ ¸¶À½À¸·Î ±×µé°ú ¹«¸®Áö¾î ÇÔ²² °¡°Å¶ó.

¢¼ If one does not acquires a clever companion, an associate righteous and wise, then as a king abandoning his conquered kingdom, let him wander alone like a rhinoceros.

±×·¯³ª Çö¸íÇÏ°í ¿Ã¹Ù¸¥ ¹þµéÀ» ¸¸³ªÁö ¸øÇÏ¸é ¿ÕÀÌ Á¤º¹Çß´ø ³ª¶ó¸¦ ¹ö¸®°í µ¹¾Æ°¡µí ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*ascetic °íÇàÀÚ, ¼öÇàÀÚ
*remove Á¦°ÅÇÏ´Ù
*abandon Æ÷±âÇÏ´Ù
¢¼ These(Pleasures are) to me calamities, boils, misfortunes, diseases, sharp pains, and dangers ; seeing this danger(originating) in sensual pleasures, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.
ÀÌ·± °¨°¢Àû Áñ°Å¿òÀº ³ª¿¡°Ô ÀÖ¾î Àç¾ÓÀ̸ç, ºÒÇàÀ̸ç, º´À̸ç, ±Ø½ÉÇÑ °íÅëÀ̸ç, ÇϳªÀÇ À§ÇèÀÌ´Ù. ÀÌ ¸ðµç ¿å¸ÁÀÇ ´ë»ó¿¡´Â ÀÌ·± À§ÇèÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù´Â °ÍÀ» ¾Ë°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Both cold and heat, hunger and thirst, wind and a burning sun, and gad-flies and snakes - having overcome all these things, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÃßÀ§¿Í ´õÀ§, ±¾ÁÖ¸²°ú ¸ñ¸¶¸§, ±×¸®°í ¹Ù¶÷°ú žçÀÇ ¿­±â, ¸ð±â¶¼¿Í µ¶»çµé, ÀÌ·± °ÍµéÀ» ´ÉÈ÷ Âü°í °ßµð¸ç ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ As the elephant, the strong, the spotted, the large, after leaving the herd walks at pleasure in the forest, even so let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Èû¼¾ ¾ó·èÄÚ³¢¸®°¡ ¹«¸®¸¦ ¶°³ª ½£¼Ó¿¡¼­ ÇÑ°¡·ÎÀÌ ³ë´Òµí ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ For him who delights in intercourse (with others, even) that is inconvenient which tends to temporary deliverance ; reflecting on the words of (Buddha) the kinsman of the Adikka family, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¸ðÀÓ¸¸À» ³Ê¹« ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¿¡°Ô´Â Àá½Ãµµ ¿µÈ¥ÀÇ È޽Ŀ¡ À̸¦ °Ü¸¦ÀÌ ¾ø´Ù. žçÀÇ ÈÄ¿¹(ºÎó)°¡ ÇϽŠÀÌ ¸»¾¸À» ¸í½ÉÇÏ°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*adikka ÇØ, žç (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*kinsman ³²ÀÚģô
*gad-fly (¸¶¼Ò¿¡ ²Ò´Â)¼èÆĸ®

¢¼ These(Pleasures are) to me calamities, boils, misfortunes, diseases, sharp pains, and dangers ; seeing this danger(originating) in sensual pleasures, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.
ÀÌ·± °¨°¢Àû Áñ°Å¿òÀº ³ª¿¡°Ô ÀÖ¾î Àç¾ÓÀ̸ç, ºÒÇàÀ̸ç, º´À̸ç, ±Ø½ÉÇÑ °íÅëÀ̸ç, ÇϳªÀÇ À§ÇèÀÌ´Ù. ÀÌ ¸ðµç ¿å¸ÁÀÇ ´ë»ó¿¡´Â ÀÌ·± À§ÇèÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù´Â °ÍÀ» ¾Ë°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Both cold and heat, hunger and thirst, wind and a burning sun, and gad-flies and snakes - having overcome all these things, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÃßÀ§¿Í ´õÀ§, ±¾ÁÖ¸²°ú ¸ñ¸¶¸§, ±×¸®°í ¹Ù¶÷°ú žçÀÇ ¿­±â, ¸ð±â¶¼¿Í µ¶»çµé, ÀÌ·± °ÍµéÀ» ´ÉÈ÷ Âü°í °ßµð¸ç ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ As the elephant, the strong, the spotted, the large, after leaving the herd walks at pleasure in the forest, even so let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Èû¼¾ ¾ó·èÄÚ³¢¸®°¡ ¹«¸®¸¦ ¶°³ª ½£¼Ó¿¡¼­ ÇÑ°¡·ÎÀÌ ³ë´Òµí ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ For him who delights in intercourse (with others, even) that is inconvenient which tends to temporary deliverance ; reflecting on the words of (Buddha) the kinsman of the Adikka family, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¸ðÀÓ¸¸À» ³Ê¹« ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¿¡°Ô´Â Àá½Ãµµ ¿µÈ¥ÀÇ È޽Ŀ¡ À̸¦ °Ü¸¦ÀÌ ¾ø´Ù. žçÀÇ ÈÄ¿¹(ºÎó)°¡ ÇϽŠÀÌ ¸»¾¸À» ¸í½ÉÇÏ°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*adikka ÇØ, žç (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*kinsman ³²ÀÚģô
*calamity (ÁöÁø, È«¼öµîÀÇ)Àç³­, ÂüÈ­

¢¼ The harshness of the (philosophical) views I have overcome, I have acquired self-command, I have attained to the way (leading to perfecting), I am in possession of knowledge, and not to be led by others; so speaking, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¡®³íÀïÀÇ Ã¶ÇÐÀû °ßÇظ¦ ±Øº¹ÇÏ°í ±ú´ÞÀ½¿¡ À̸£´Â ±æ¿¡ µµ´ÞÇÏ¿© µµ¸¦ ¾òÀº »ç¶÷Àº ´Ù¸¥ »ç¶÷¿¡ ÀÇÇØ ²ø·Á°¡Áö ¾ÊÀ» °ÍÀÌ´Ù¡¯ ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â ÀÌ·¸°Ô ÀÚ½ÅÀ» ´ÙÁüÇϸ鼭 ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Without covetousness, without deceit, without craving, without detraction, having got rid of passions and folly, being free from desire in all the world, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Ž³»Áö ¸»¶ó. ¼ÓÀÌÁö ¸»¶ó. ±×¸®°í Á¶±ÞÇØÇÏÁö ¸»¸ç, ȥŹ°ú ¹Ì¸ÁÀ» ³²±è¾øÀÌ ¾Ä¾î ¹ö¸®°í ÀÌ ¼¼»óÀÇ ¿å¸ÁÀ¸·ÎºÎÅÍ ¹þ¾î³ª¼­ ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Let one avoid a wicked companion who teaches what is useless and has gone into what is wrong, let him not cultivate (the society of) one who is devoted (to and) lost in sensual pleasures, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÀÇ·ÓÁö ¸øÇÑ°ÍÀ» º¸°í ¸ø º» üÇÏ´Â ±×·± ³ª»Û ¹þ°ú´Â °¡±îÀÌ ¸»¶ó. °¨°¢ÀûÀΠŽ¿å¸¸À» ÀÏ»ï´Â ±×·± ¹þ°úµµ °¡±îÀÌ ÇÏÁö ¸»°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

* subdue À̱â´Ù. Á¤º¹ÇÏ´Ù.

*covetousness Ž¿å
*crave °¥¸Á(¿­¸Á)ÇÏ´Ù
* self-command ÀÚÁ¦·Â, ±Ø±â

¢¼ Let one cultivate (the society of) a friend who is learned and keeps the Dhamma, who is magnanimous and wise; knowing the meaning (of things and) subduing his doubts, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.
³Î¸® ¹è¿ö ÁöÇý¸¦ ¾Æ´Â Áö¼ºÀûÀ̸ç Áø¸®¿¡ ±Í¸¦ ±â¿ïÀÌ´Â ¹þÀ» °¡±îÀÌ Ç϶ó. ÀÌ´Â À̷οî ÀÏÀÌ´Ï ÀǽÉÀ» À߶ó ¹ö¸®°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Not adorning himself, not looking out for sport, amusement, and the delight of pleasure in the world, (on the contrary) being loath of a life of dressing, speaking the truth, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¼¼»óÀÇ À¯Èñ³ª ¿À¶ô ȤÀº Äè¶ô¿¡ Á¥Áö ¸»°í °ü½Éµµ °¡ÁöÁö ¸»¶ó. ²Ù¹Ò¾øÀÌ Áø½ÇÀ» ¸»Çϸ鼭 ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Having left son and wife, father and mother, wealth, and corn, and relatives, the different objects of desire, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

óÀÚµµ ºÎ¸ðµµ °î½Äµµ Àç»êµµ, ģôÀ̳ª ¸ðµç ¿å¸Á±îÁöµµ ´Ù ¹ö¸®°í ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ ¡®This is a tie, in this there is little happiness, little enjoyment, but more of pain, this is a fish-hook¡¯, so having understood, let a thoughtful man wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¡®ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÁýÂøÀ̱¸³ª. ÀÌ°÷¿¡´Â Áñ°Å¿òµµ »óÄèÇÑ ¸Àµµ Àû°í ±«·Î¿ò»ÓÀÌ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀº °í±â¸¦ ³¬´Â ³¬½ÃÀ̱¸³ª¡¯ÀÌ¿Í °°ÀÌ ±ú´Ý°í Çö¸íÇÑ »ç¶÷Àº ÄÚ»Ô¼Òó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*loath ¹«¾ùÀ» Çϱ⸦ ½È¾îÇÏ´Â
*subdue À̱â´Ù. Á¤º¹ÇÏ´Ù.

¢À Having torn the ties, having broken the net as a fish in the water, being like a fire not returning to the burnt place, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¼ÓÀÇ °í±â°¡ ±×¹°À» Âõµí, ÇÑ ¹ø ºÒŸ¹ö¸° °÷¿¡´Â ´Ù½Ã ºÒÀÌ ºÙÁö ¾ÊµíÀÌ ¸ðµç ¹ø³úÀÇ ¸ÅµìÀ» ²÷¾î¹ö¸®°í, ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢À With downcast eyes, and not prying, with his senses guarded, with his mind protected free from passion, not burning (with lust), let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

´«À» ¾Æ·¡·Î µÎ°í, µÎ¸®¹ø°Å¸®°Å³ª Çì¸ÅÁö ¸»°í, ¸ðµç °¨°üÀ» ¾ïÁ¦ÇÏ¿© ¸¶À½À» ÁöÄѶó. ¹ø³ú¿¡ ÈÛ¾µ¸®Áö ¸»°í ¹ø³úÀÇ ºÒ¿¡ ŸÁöµµ ¸»°í, ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢À Removing the characteristics of a gihin(householder), like a Parikhatta tree whose leaves are cut off, clothed en a yellow robe after wandering away (from his house), let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÀÙÀÌ Á®¹ö¸° Æĸ®ÂþŸ ³ª¹«Ã³·³, ¼¼¼ÓÀÇ ¸ðµç Ç¥ÀûÀ» ¹ö¸®°í Ãâ°¡ÇÏ¿© °¡»ç¸¦ °ÉÄ¡°í ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢À Not being greedy of sweet things, not being unsteady, not supporting others, going begging from house to house, having a mind which is not fettered to any household, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

´ÞÄÞÇÑ ¸À¿¡ ŽÂøÇÏÁö ¸»°í, ¿å±¸ÇÏÁöµµ ¸»¶ó. ´Ù¸¥ »ç¶÷À» ºÎ¾çÇÒ Àǹ«µµ ¾øÀ¸´Ï ¹®Àü¸¶´Ù ¹äÀ» ºô¸ç °ÅÁÖó¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ¾ÖÂøÀ» ²÷¾î ¹ö¸®°í ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢À Having left the five obstacles of the mind, having dispelled all sin, being independent, having cut off the sin of desire, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¸¶À½¼ÓÀÇ ´Ù¼¸°¡Áö Àå¾Ö¸¦ ¹ö¸®°í ¿Â°® ¹ø³ú¸¦ Á¦°ÅÇÏ¿© ÀÇÁöÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀ¸¸ç, ¾Ö¿åÀÇ Çã¹°À» ²÷¾î¹ö¸®°í ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*fetter ¼Ó¹Ú, ±¸¼Ó
*burnt (burnÀÇ ºÐ»çÇü) Å¿ì´Ù, Ÿ´Ù
*lust °­ÇÑ ¿å¸Á
*dispel ÂѾƹö¸®´Ù, Èð¶ß¸®´Ù.

¢¼ Wishing for the destruction of desire (Nibbana), being careful, no fool, learned, strenuous, considerate, restrained, energetic, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

¾ÖÂøÀ» ¾ø¾Ö´Â ÀÏ¿¡ °ÔÀ¸¸£Áö ¸»°í, º¡¾î¸®µµ µÇÁö ¸»¶ó. ºÎÁö·±È÷ ¹è¿ì¸ç ¸¶À½À» °¡´Ùµë°í Áø¸®¸¦ ±ú´Ý°íÀÚ ³ë·ÂÇϸ鼭 Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Like a lion not trembling at noises, like the wind not caught in a net, like a lotus not stained by water, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Å« ¼Ò¸®¿¡ ³î¶óÁö ¾Ê´Â »çÀÚ¿Í °°ÀÌ ±×¹°¿¡ °É¸®Áö ¾Ê´Â ¹Ù¶÷°ú °°ÀÌ ¹°¿¡ Á¥Áö ¾Ê´Â ¿¬²É°ú °°ÀÌ Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Üó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ As a lion strong by his teeth, after overcoming (all animals), wanders victorious as the king of the animals, and haunts distant dwelling-places, (even so) let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÀÌ»¡ÀÌ °­ÇÑ »çÀÚ°¡ ¹µ Áü½ÂÀ» Á¦¾ÐÇÏ°í ´ÉÈ÷ Á¤±ÛÀÇ ¿ÕÀ¸·Î ±º¸²ÇÏµí ±ÃÇÌÇÏ°í ¿Üµý °÷¿¡ °Åó¸¦ ¸¶·ÃÇÏ°í Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Cultivating in (due)time kindness, equanimity, compassion, deliveranec, and rejoicing (with others), unobstructed by the whole world, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

»ç¶û°ú ¿¬¹Î, ±â»Ý°ú ÆòÁ¤°ú ÇØÅ»À» ¶§¶§·Î ÀÍÈ÷°í ÀÌ ¼¼»óÀ» ¾ÆÁÖ Àú¹ö¸²µµ ¾øÀÌ Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*stain ´õ·´È÷´Ù, ¾ó·èÁö´Ù.

*haunt (»ç¶÷ÀÌ)ºó¹øÈ÷ ¹æ¹®ÇÏ´Â °÷.

*rejoice ±â»Ú°Ô ÇÏ´Ù, ÇູÇÏ°Ô ÇÏ´Ù.

¢¼ Having thrown behind(himself bodily) pleasure and pain, and preiously (mental) joy and distress, having acquired equanimity, tranquillity, purity, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.
Äè¶ô°ú °íÅëÀ» ¹ö·Á¶ó. ±â»Ý°ú ±Ù½Éµµ ¹ö·Á¶ó. ±×¸®°í ¸¼°í Æí¾ÈÇÏ°í ¼ø¼öÇÑ ¸¶À½¸¸À¸·Î Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Strenuous for obtaining the supreme good (Nibbana), with a mind free from attachment, not living in idleness, being firm, endowed with bodily and mental strength, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

ÃÖ°íÀÇ ¸ñÀûÀ» ´Þ¼ºÇϱâ À§ÇØ ³ë·ÂÇ϶ó. ¸¶À½ÀÇ ¾ÈÀÏÀ» ¹°¸®Ä¡°í ¼öÇà¿¡ °ÔÀ¸¸£Áö ¸»¸ç ¿ë¸ÍÁ¤ÁøÇÏ¿© ü·Â°ú ÁöÇý¸¦ µÎ·ç °®Ã߸ç Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Not abandoning seclusion and meditation, always wandering in (accordance with) the Dhammas seeing misery in the existences, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Ȧ·Î ¾É¾Æ ¼±Á¤À» ¹ö¸®Áö ¸»°í, ¸ðµç ÀÏ¿¡ Ç×»ó ÀÌÄ¡¿Í ¹ýµµ¿¡ ¸Âµµ·Ï ÇൿÇϸç, »ì¾Æ°¡´Â µ¥ À־ ¹«¾ùÀÌ ±Ù½ÉÀÎÁö¸¦ ºÐ¸íÈ÷ ¾Ë°í Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

¢¼ Having abandoned both passion and hatred and folly, having rent the ties, not trembling in the loss of life, let one wander alone like a rhinoceros.

Ž¿å°ú Áõ¿À¿Í ¾î¸®¼®À½, ±×¸®°í µÚ¾ôÈù ¹ø³úÀÇ ¸ÅµìÀ» ²÷¾î ¹ö·Á¶ó. ¸ñ¼ûÀ» ÀÒ´õ¶óµµ Àý´ë·Î µÎ·Á¿öÇÏÁö ¸»°í Àú ±¤¾ß¸¦ °¡°í ÀÖ´Â ¹«¼ÒÀÇ »Ôó·³ È¥ÀÚ¼­ °¡¶ó.

*abandon Æ÷±âÇÏ´Ù, ´Ü³äÇÏ´Ù.

*seclusion È£Á£ÇÑ °÷, ÀºµÐ
*attachment (¸¶À½ÀÇ)¾ÖÂø
*equanimity (¸¶À½, ±âÁúÀÇ)ÆòÁ¤, Æò¿Â

KASIBHARADVGASUTTA
(¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ°æ)

¢¼ So it was heard by me : At one time Bhagavat dwelt in Magadha at Dakkhinagiri in the Brahmana village Ekanala. And at that time the Brahmana Kasibharadvaga£§s five hundred ploughs were tied (to the yokes) in the sowing season. Then Bhagavat, in the morning, having put on his raiment and taken his bowl and robes, went to the place where the Brahmana Kasibharadcaga£§s work (was going on). At that time the Brahmana Kasibharadvaga£§s distribution of food took place. Then bhagavat went to the place where the distribution of food took place, and having gone there, he stood apart. The Brahmana Kasibharadvaga saw Bhagavat standing there to get alms, and having seen him, he said this to Bhagavat :

³ª´Â ÀÌ·¸°Ô µé¾ú´Ù.
¾î´À¶§ °Å·èÇϽŠ½º½Â(ºÎó´Ô)²²¼­´Â ¸¶°¡´Ù±¹(Áö±ÝÀÇ Àεµ ¶óÁî±â¸£)ÀÇ ³²ÂÊ »ê±â½¾¿¡ ÀÖ´Â ÇÑ ¸¶À»¿¡ °è¼Ì´Ù.
¹çÀ» °¥°í ÀÖ´ø ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸®·Á°í ¿À¹éÀÚ·çÀÇ Àï±â¸¦ ¼Ò¿¡ ¸Å¾ú´Ù. ±×¶§ ½º½ÂÀº ¾Æħ¹äÀ» ¾ò±â À§ÇØ À̸¥ ¾Æħ ¹ä±×¸©À» µé°í ¹çÀ» °¥°í ÀÖ´Â ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ¿¡°Ô·Î °¬´Ù. ±×·±µ¥ ¸¶Ä§ ±×¶§ ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â Àϱºµé¿¡°Ô À½½ÄÀ» ³ª´²ÁÖ°í ÀÖ¾ú´Ù. ½º½Âµµ À½½ÄÀ» ³ª´² ÁÖ´Â °÷¿¡ °¡¼­ °ç¿¡ ¼¹´Ù. ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ½º½ÂÀÌ À½½ÄÀ» ¾ò±â À§ÇØ ¹ä±×¸©À» µé°í °Å±â ¼­ ÀÖ´Â °ÍÀ» º¸¾Ò´Ù. ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ÀÌ·¸°Ô ¸»Çß´Ù.

*dwelt (dwellÀÇ °ú°ÅºÐ»çÇü) °ÅÁÖÇÏ´Ù.

*raiment (=clothing ±¸¾îü) ¿Ê

¢¼ ¡®I O Samana, both plough and sow, and having ploughed and sown, I eat ; thou also, O Samana, shouldst plough and sow, and having ploughed and sown, thou shouldst eat.¡¯
¡®I also O Brahmana, both plough and sow, and having ploughed and sown, I eat,¡¯ so said Bhagavat.
¡®Yet we do not see the yoke, or the plough, or the ploughshare, or the goad, or the oxen of the venerable Gotama.¡¯
And then the venerable Gotama spoke in this way :
¡®I also, O Brahmana, both plough and sow, and having ploughed and sown, I eat,¡¯ so said Bhagavat.

Then the Brahmana Kasibhara£­dvaga addressed Bhagavat in a stanza :
¡°¼öÇàÀÚ¿©, ³ª´Â ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸°´Ù. ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸° ÈÄ¿¡ ¸Ô´Â´Ù. ±×´ëµµ ¿ì¸®Ã³·³ ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ·Á¶ó. ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸° µÚ¿¡ ¸Ô¾î¶ó¡±½º½ÂÀÌ ´ë´äÇß´Ù. ¡°¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ¿©, ³ª ¶ÇÇÑ ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸°´Ù. ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸° ÈÄ¿¡ ¸Ô´Â´Ù¡±
¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. ¡°±×·¯³ª ³ª´Â ±×´ëÀÇ ¸Û¿¡µµ, Àï±âµµ, ¼Òµµ º¼ ¼ö°¡ ¾ø±¸³ª. ±×·±µ¥ ±×´ë´Â ¾î°¼­ ¡°³ªµµ ¹çÀ» °¥°í ¾¾¸¦ »Ñ¸°´Ù. °¥°í »Ñ¸° ´ÙÀ½¿¡ ¸Ô´Â´Ù¡±¶ó°í ¸»ÇÏ°í Àִ°¡¡±
¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ´ÙÀ½°ú °°ÀÌ ¸»Çß´Ù.

*thou ´ç½ÅÀº (youÀÇ °í¾î).

*sown (sowÀÇ °ú°ÅºÐ»çÇü) (¡¥¿¡ ¾¾
¸¦) »Ñ¸®´Ù.

*goad (°¡ÃàÀÇ) ¸ôÀ̸·´ë.
*ploughshare º¸½À(Àï±â³¯).

*penance Âüȸ, ¼ÓÁË,

¢¼ Thou professest to be a ploughman, and yet we do not see thy ploughing ; asked about (thy) ploughing, tell us (of it), that we may know thy ploughing.
¼öÇàÀÚ¿© ±×´ë´Â ³óºÎ¶ó°í ÀÚóÇÏ°í ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù. ±×·¯³ª ¿ì¸®´Â ±×´ë°¡ ¹ç°¡´Â °ÍÀ» º¸Áö ¸øÇß³ª´Ï, ´ç½ÅÀÌ ¹çÀ» °¥°í ÀÖ´Ù´Â °ÍÀ» ¿ì¸®°¡ ¾Ë ¼ö ÀÖµµ·Ï ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ.

¢¼ Bhagavat answered : Faith is the seed, penance the rain, understanding my yoke and plough, modesty the pole of the plough, mind the tie, thoughtfulness my ploughshare and goad.

½º½ÂÀÌ ´ë´äÇß´Ù. ³ª¿¡°Ô´Â ½Å¾ÓÀÌ ¾¾¾ÑÀÌ¿ä, °íÇàÀº ºñ´Ù. ±×¸®°í ÁöÇý´Â ³» ¸Û¿¡¸ç Àï±â¿ä, À߸øÀ» ¹Ý¼ºÇÏ´Â ¸¶À½ÀÌ ±× Àï±âÀÇ ÀÚ·ç´Ù. ¶Ç °ðÀº ¸¶À½Àº Àï±â¸¦ ¸Å´Â ¹åÁÙÀÌ¿ä, ¸Å»ç¿¡ »ý°¢ÀÌ ±íÀº °ÍÀº Àï±âÀÇ º¸½ÀÀÌ´Ù.

¢¼ I am guarded in respect of the body, I am guarded in respect of speech, temperate in food ; I make truth to cut away (weeds), tenderness is my deliverance.

¸öÀ» »ï°¡°í, ¸»À» »ï°¡°í, À½½ÄÀ» ÀýÁ¦ÇÏ´Â °Í, ±×¸®°í ¸»¾øÀÌ Áø½ÇÀ» ÁöÅ°´Â °Í, ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ³ª¿¡°Ô À־´Â ¼Ò¸¦ ¸Û¿¡¿¡¼­ ¶¼¾î³õ´Â ÀÏÀÌ´Ù.

¢¼ Exertion is my beast of burden ; carrying (me) to Nibbana he goes without turning back to the place where having gone one does not grieve.

³ë·ÂÇÏ´Â °ÍÀÌ ³» ¸Û¿¡¸¦ ¸Ç ¼ÒÀ̸ç, ÀÌ ¼Ò°¡ ¸¶Ä§³»´Â ´Ï¸£¹Ù³ªÀÇ Àú ¾ð´öÀ¸·Î ³ª¸¦ µ¥¸®°í °£´Ù. ¹°·¯¼­Áö ¾Ê°í ±»°Ô ³ª¾Æ°¡¼­ ´Ï¸£¹Ù³ª, Àú ¾ð´ö¿¡ À̸£°Ô µÇ¸é ±Ù½É°ú °ÆÁ¤Àº ´õÀÌ»ó ¾ø°Ô µÈ´Ù.

*thoughtfulness »ç·Á±íÀ½.

*respect Á¸°æ, Á¸ÁßÇÏ´Ù

¢¼ So this ploughing is ploughed, it bears the fruit of immortality; having ploughed this ploughing one is freed from all pain.
³ª´Â ÀÌ·± ³ó»ç¸¦ Áö¾î¼­ ¸¶Ä§³»´Â ÀúºÒ¸êÀÇ °úÀÏÀ» ¿­¸Å ¸Î°Ô Çϳª´Ï ³ªÃ³·³ ³ó»ç¸¦ Áþ°Ô µÇ¸é ±×´ëµµ ÀÌ ¸ðµç °í³ú·Î ºÎÅÍ ÇعæµÇ¸®´Ï.

¢¼ Then the Brahmana Kasi£­bharadvaga, having poured rice-milk into a golden bowl, offered it to Bhagavat, saying, Let the venerable Bhagavat eat of the rice-milk ; the venerable is a ploughman, for the venerable Gotama ploughs a ploughing that bears the fruit of immortality.

±×¶§ ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ³ò¼è±×¸©¿¡ ¿ìÀ¯¸¦ ´ã¾Æ¼­ ½º½Â¿¡°Ô ÁÖ¾ú´Ù. ±×¸®°í´Â ÀÌ·¸°Ô ¸»Çß´Ù. ¼öÇàÀÚ¿©, ÀÌ ¿ìÀ¯Á×À» ¹ÞÀ¸½Ê½Ã¿À. ´ç½ÅÀ̾߸»·Î ÈǸ¢ÇÑ ³óºÎÀÔ´Ï´Ù. Àú ºÒ¸êÀÇ °úÀÏÀ» ¿­¸®°Ô ÇÏ´Â ³óºÎÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

¢¼ Bhagavat said : What is acquired by reciting stanzas is not to be eaten by me ; this is, O Brahmana, not the Dhamma of those that see rightly ; Buddha rejects what is acquired by reciting stanzas, this is the conduct (of Buddhas) as long as the Dhamma exists.
±×·¯³ª ½º½ÂÀº ¸»Çß´Ù. ½Ã¸¦ À¼Àº ±× ´ë°¡·Î ¾òÀº À½½ÄÀ» ³ª´Â ¸ÔÁö ¾Ê°Ú´Ù. ¿À, ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ¿©, ÀÌ°ÍÀº Áø¸®¿¡ ¾î±ß³ª´Â °ÍÀÌ´Ù. ½Ã¸¦ À¼Àº ±× ´ë°¡·Î ¾òÀº À½½ÄÀ»°ÅÀýÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº ¸ðµç ±ú´ÞÀº ÀÌÀÇ »ýȰŵµ´Ù.

*freed (freeÀÇ °ú°Å, °ú°ÅºÐ»çÇü)
free fromÀÚÀ¯·Ó°Ô ÇÏ´Ù.

*venerable Á¸°æÇÒ ¸¸ÇÑ, Á¸¾öÇÑ
*recite (½Ã¸¦)¾Ï¼ÛÇÏ´Ù, »ó¼úÇÏ´Ù.
¢¼ One who is an accomplished great Isi, whose passions are destroyed and whose misbehaviour has ceased, thou shouldst serve with other food and drink, for this is the field for one who looks for good works.
¿ÏÀüÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÎ Å« ¼±ÀÎ(ÓÞà¹ìÑ), ¹ø³úÀÇ ´õ·¯¿òÀ» ´Ù ¾ø¾Ö°í, ³ª»Û ÇàÀ§¸¦ ¼Ò¸êÇعö¸° »ç¶÷¿¡°Ô´Â ´Ù¸¥ À½½ÄÀ» ÁÖ¾î¶ó. ±×°ÍÀº ¸¶Ä§³» °ø´öÀ» ¹Ù¶ó´Â ÀÌÀÇ º¹¹çÀÌ µÉ °ÍÀÌ´Ù.

¢¼ To whom then, O gotama, shall I give this rice-milk? so said Kasibharadvaga.

I do not see, O Brahmana, in the world (of men) and gods and Maras and Brahmans, amongst beings comprising gods and men, and Samanas and Brahmanas, any by whom this rice-milk when eaten can be properly digested with the exception of Tathagata, or a disciple of Tathagata. Therefore, O Brahmana, thou shalt throw this rice-milk in(a place where there is) little grass, or cast it into water with no worms, so said Bhagavat.

¡°±×·¯¸é °íŸ¸¶¿©, ÀÌ ¿ìÀ¯Á×À» Àú´Â ´©±¸¿¡°Ô µå·Á¾ß Çմϱ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù.

¡°¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ¿©, ½Å, ¾Ç¸¶, ¹üõ(Ûïô¸)µéÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ¼¼°è¿¡¼­ ½Å, Àΰ£, »ç¹®, ¹Ù¶ó¹®À» Æ÷ÇÔÇÑ ¿©·¯ Áß»ý °¡¿îµ¥ ¿ÏÀüÇÑ »ç¶÷(åýÕÎ)°ú ±×ÀÇ Á¦ÀÚ¸¦ »©³õ°í´Â, ¾Æ¹«µµ ÀÌ ¿ìÀ¯Á×À» ¸Ô°í ¼ÒÈ­½Ãų »ç¶÷Àº ¾ø´Ù.
±×·¯¹Ç·Î ¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ¿©, ÀÌ ¿ìÀ¯Á×Àº »ê Ç®ÀÌ ¾ø´Â °÷À̳ª »ý¹°ÀÌ ¾ø´Â ¹°¼Ó¿¡ ¹ö·Á¶ó¡±½º½ÂÀÌ ´äÇß´Ù.

*Isi ÁÖÀÎ, ÅëÄ¡ÀÚ, ¼ÒÀ¯ÀÚ.

*misbehaviour ºÎÁ¤ÇÑ ÇàÀ§.

*Brahmana ¹Ù¶ó¹®(ºü¾Ë¸®¾î).

*Tathagata ¿©·¡, Âü»ç¶÷(ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)

Then the Brahmana Kasibharadvaga threw the rice-milk into some water with no worms. Then the rice-milk thrown into the water splashed, hissed, smoked in volumes ; for as a ploughshare that has got hot during the day when thrown into the water splashes, hisses, and smokes in volumes, even so the rice-milk (when) thrown into the water splashed, hissed, and smoked in volumes.
±×¸®ÇÏ¿© ¹çÀ» °¡´Â ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ±× ¿ìÀ¯Á×À» »ý¹°ÀÌ ¾ø´Â ¹°¼Ó¿¡ ½ñ¾Æ ¹ö·È´Ù. ±×·±µ¥ ±× ¿ìÀ¯Á×À» ¹°¼Ó¿¡ ¹ö¸®ÀÚ¸¶ÀÚ ºÎ±ÛºÎ±Û ¼Ò¸®¸¦ ³»¸é¼­ ¸¹Àº °ÅÇ°ÀÌ ²ú¾î¿Ã¶ú´Ù. ¸¶Ä¡ ¿ÂÁ¾ÀÏ ¶Ï¾àºµ¿¡ ÂØ¾î ¶ß°Å¿öÁø È£¹Ì³¯À» ¹°¼Ó¿¡ ³Ö¾úÀ» ¶§ ºÎ±ÛºÎ±Û ¼Ò¸®¸¦ ³»¸é¼­ ¸¹Àº °ÅÇ°ÀÌ ÀÌ´Â °Í°ú °°¾Ò´Ù.

Then the Brahmana Kasibharadvaga alarmed and terrified went up to Bhagavat, and after having approached and fallen with his head at Bhagavat£§s feet, he said this to Bhagavat :
À̶§ ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ¿Â¸öÀÌ ¿À½ÏÇÏ¿© µÎ·Á¿ö ¶³¸é¼­ ½º½Â °ç¿¡ ´Ù°¡¼¹´Ù. ±×¸®°í ½º½ÂÀÇ µÎ ¹ß¿¡ ¸Ó¸®¸¦ Á¶¾Æ¸®¸ç ¿©ÂÞ¾ú´Ù.

¡®It is excellent, O venerable Gotama ! It is excellent, O venerable Gotama! As one raises what has been overthrown, or reveals what has been hidden, or tells the way to him who has gone astray, or holds out an oil lamp in the dark that those who have eyes may see the objects, even so by the venerable Gotama in manifold ways the Dhamma (has been) illustrated.¡¯
¡°³î¶ó¿î ÀÏÀÔ´Ï´Ù, °íŸ¸¶½Ã¿©. ³î¶ó¿î ÀÏÀÔ´Ï´Ù, °íŸ¸¶½Ã¿©. ¸¶Ä¡ ³Ñ¾îÁø »ç¶÷À» ÀÏÀ¸ÄÑ ÁÖµíÀÌ, µ¤ÀÎ °ÍÀ» ¹þ°ÜÁÖµíÀÌ, ±æÀÒÀº ÀÌ¿¡°Ô ±æÀ» °¡¸£ÃÄ ÁÖµíÀÌ, ȤÀº ¡®´«ÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÀÚ´Â ºûÀ» º¸¸®¶ó¡¯ÇÏ¿© ¾îµÒ ¼Ó¿¡¼­ µîºÒÀ» ºñÃçÁÖµíÀÌ, °íŸ¸¶ ´ç½ÅÀº °®°¡ÁöÀÇ ¹æÆíÀ¸·Î Áø¸®¸¦ ¹àÇôÁּ̽À´Ï´Ù.¡±
*astray ±æÀ» ÀÒÀº, ¸øµÈ ±æ¿¡ ºüÁø
*manifold ´Ù¾çÇÑ, °®°¡ÁöÀÇ
¢¼ ¡®I take refuge in the venerable Gotama and in the Dhamma and in the Assembly of Bhikkhus;I wish to receive the pabbagga, I wish to receive the upasampada (the robe and the orders) from the venerable Gotama,¡¯ so said Kasibharadvaga.
¡°Àú´Â °íŸ¸¶ ´ç½Å²² ±ÍÀÇÇÕ´Ï´Ù. ±×¸®°í Áø¸®¿Í µµ¸¦ ´Û´Â ½º´ÔµéÀÇ ¸ðÀÓ¿¡ ±ÍÀÇÇÕ´Ï´Ù. Àú´Â °íŸ¸¶ ´ç½Å°ç¿¡ Ãâ°¡ÇÏ¿© ¿ÏÀüÇÑ °èÀ²À» ¹Þ°Ú½À´Ï´Ù.¡±
¢¼ Then the Brahmana Kasibharadvaga received the pabbagga from Bhagavat, and he received also the upasampada;and the venerable Bharadvaga having lately received the upasampada, leading a solitary, retired, strenuous, ardent, energetic life, lived after having in a short time in this existence by his own understanding ascertained and possessed himself of that highest perfection of a religious life for the sake of which men of good family rightly wander away from their houses to a houseless state.

ÀÌ·¸°Ô Çؼ­ ¹çÀ» °¡´Â ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ºÎó´Ô °ç¿¡ Ãâ°¡ÇÏ¿© ¿ÏÀüÈ÷ °èÀ²À» ¹Þ¾Ò´Ù. ±× ÈÄ ¾ó¸¶µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Æ ÀÌ ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â »ç¶÷À» ¸Ö¸®ÇÏ°í Ȧ·Î ºÎÁö·±È÷ Á¤ÁøÇÏ¿©, ¸¶Ä§³» ´õ¾øÀÌ Ã»Á¤ÇÑ ÇàÀÇ ±à±ØÀ»(¸¹Àº »ç¶÷µéÀº ¹Ù·Î ±×°ÍÀ» ¾ò±â À§ÇØ ÁýÀ» ³ª¿Í ÁýÀÌ ¾ø´Â »óÅ°¡ µÈ °ÍÀε¥) Çö¼¼¿¡¼­ ½º½º·Î ±ú´Þ¾Æ Áõ¸íÇÏ°í ±¸ÇöÇÏ¸ç »ì¾Ò´Ù.

¢¼ ¡®Birth had been destroyed, a religious life had been led, what was to be done had been done, there was nothing else (to be done) for this existence,¡¯so he perceived, and the venerable Bharadvaga became one of the arahats (saints).

¡°Å¾´Â ÀÏÀº ÀÌÁ¦ ³¡³µ´Ù. ûÁ¤ÇÑ ÇàÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ¿Ï¼ºµÇ¾ú´Ù. ÇÒ ÀÏÀ» ´Ù ¸¶ÃÆ´Ù. ÀÌÁ¦ ¶Ç´Ù½Ã ÀÌ·± »ýÁ¸À» ¹ÞÁö´Â ¾Ê´Â´Ù¡±¶ó°í ±ú´Þ¾Ò´Ù. ±×¸®ÇÏ¿© ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ Àå·Î(íþÖÕ)´Â ¼ºÀÎ(á¡ìÑ)ÀÇ ÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ µÇ¾ú´Ù.

*upasampada ±¸Á·°è (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*strenuous ºÐÅõÇÏ´Â ¿­½ÉÀÎ (=*ardent)
*ascertain È®ÀÎÇÏ´Ù, ¸í¹éÈ÷ ÇÏ´Ù

KUNDASUTTA

¢¼ Buddha describes the four different kinds of Samanas to Kunda, the smithºÎó´ÔÀÌ ³× Á¾·ùÀÇ ¼öÇàÀÚ¸¦ ´ëÀåÀåÀÌ Ãá´Ù¿¡°Ô ¼³¸íÇϼ̴Ù.

¢¼ ¡®I ask the Muni of great understanding,¡¯£­so said Kunda, the smith,£­¡®Buddha, the lord of the Dhamma, who is free from craving, the best of bipeds, the most excellent of charioteers, how many (kinds of) Samanas are there in the world; pray tell me that?¡¯ (82)
À§´ëÇÑ ±ú´ÞÀ½À» ¾òÀº ¼ºÀβ² ´ëÀåÀåÀÌ Ãá´Ù°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù. ¡°Áø¸®ÀÇ ÁÖÀÎ, ÁýÂøÀÌ ¾ø´Â ºÐ, ÀηùÀÇ ÃÖ»óÀÎ(õÌß¾ìÑ), ¶Ù¾î³­ ¸¶ºÎÀ̽ŠºÎó´Ô, ¼¼»ó¿¡´Â ¾î¶² ¼öÇàÀÚµéÀÌ ÀÖ½À´Ï±î?¡±

¢¼ ¡®There four (kinds of) Samanas, (there if) not fifth, O Kunda,¡¯£­so said Bhagavat,£­¡®here I will reveal to thee, being asked in person; (they are) Maggaginas and Maggadesakas, Maggagivins and Maggadusins.¡¯ (83)½º½ÂÀÌ ´ë´äÇϼ̴Ù. ¡°Ãá´Ù¿©, ³× Á¾·ùÀÇ ¼öÇàÀÚ°¡ ÀÖ°í, ´Ù¼¸ ¹ø° ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â ¾ø´À´Ï¶ó. ³»°¡ ¸»ÇÑ ¼öÇàÀÚ¶õ ¡®µµÀÇ ½Â¸®ÀÚ¡¯ ¡®µµ¸¦ ¸»ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¡¯ ¡®µµ¿¡ ÀÇÇØ »ç´Â »ç¶÷¡¯ ±×¸®°í ¡®µµ¸¦ ´õ·´È÷´Â ÀÚ¡¯ À̴϶ó.¡±

¢¼ ¡®Whom do the Buddhas call a Maggagina?¡¯£­so said Kunda, the smith,£­¡®How is a Maggagghayin unequalled? Being asked, describe to me a Maggagivin, and reveal to me a Maggadusin.¡¯ (84)
´ëÀåÀåÀÌ Ãá´Ù°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù.

¡°´«À» ¶á »ç¶÷Àº ´©±¸¸¦ °¡¸®ÄÑ ¡®µµÀÇ ½Â¸®ÀÚ¡¯¶ó ºÎ¸¨´Ï±î? ¿Ö ¡®µµ¸¦ ¸»ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¡¯Àº ´Ù¸¥ »ç¶÷°ú °ßÁÙ ¼ö ¾øÀ¸¸ç, ¡®µµ¿¡ ÀÇÇØ »ê´Ù¡¯´Â °ÍÀº ¹«½¼ ¶æÀÎÁö ¼³¸íÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ±×¸®°í ¡®µµ¸¦ ´õ·´È÷´Â ÀÚ¡¯¿¡ ´ëÇØ Àú¿¡°Ô ¸»ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ.¡±
*bipeds (µÎ¹ß Áü½Â) »ç¶÷
*Samanas »ç¹®, ¼öÇàÀÚ (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*Magga µµ(Ô³), ¼º½º·¯¿î ±æ (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*Buddha ±ú´ÞÀº ÀÚ (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)

¢¼ Bhagavat said : ¡®He who has overcome doubt, is without pain, delights in Nibbana, is free from greed, a leader of the world of men and gods, such a one the Buddhas call a maggagina (that is, victorious by the way).¡¯ (85)
½º½ÂÀÌ ´ë´äÇϼ̴Ù. ¡°ÀÇȤÀ» ±Øº¹ÇÑ »ç¶÷Àº °í³ú¸¦ ¶°³ª ¿­¹ÝÀ» Áñ±ä´Ù. ¶ÇÇÑ Å½¿åÀ» ¹ö¸®°í ½Å(ãê)µéÀ» Æ÷ÇÔÇÑ ¿Â ¼¼°è¸¦ À̲ô´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ´Ù. ¹Ù·Î ÀÌ·± »ç¶÷ÀÌ ¡®µµÀÇ ½Â¸®ÀÚ¡¯¶ó°í ´«À» ¶á »ç¶÷Àº ¸»ÇÑ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ ¡®He who in this world having known the best (i.e.Nibbana) as the best, expounds and explains here the Dhamma, him, the doubt-cutting Muni, without desire, the second Bhikkhu they call a maggadesin (that is, teaching the way).¡¯ (86)

¡°ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡¼­ °¡Àå À¸¶ä°¡´Â °ÍÀ» °¡Àå À¸¶ä°¡´Â °ÍÀ¸·Î ¾Ë°í, ¹ýÀ» ¼³ÇÏ°í Çؼ®ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷, ÀÇȤÀ» ¹ö¸° ¼ºÀÎÀº ¿å¸ÁÀÌ ¾ø¾î ¼öÇàÀÚµé Áß¿¡¼­ µÑ°ÀÎ ¡®µµ¸¦ ¸»ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¡¯À̶ó ºÎ¸¥´Ù.¡±

¢¼ ¡®He who lives in the way that has so well been taught in the Dhammapada, and is restrained, attentive, cultivating blameless words, him, the third Bhikkhu they call a maggagivin (that is, living in the way).¡¯ (87)
¡°Àß ¼³¸íµÈ Áø¸®ÀÇ ¸»¾¸¿¡ µû¶ó »ì¸é¼­ ½º½º·Î ¾ïÁ¦ÇÏ°í ±íÀÌ »ý°¢Çؼ­ À߸øµÈ ¸»À» ÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â »ç¶÷À» ¼öÇàÀÚµé Áß¿¡¼­ ¼Â°·Î ¡®µµ¿¡ ÀÇÇØ »ç´Â »ç¶÷¡¯À̶ó ºÎ¸¥´Ù.¡±

*expound (°æÀüÀ») Çؼ®ÇÏ´Ù.
*magga µµ(Ô³)
*Dhammapada ¹ý±¸, Áø¸®¸¦ ´ãÀº ÇÑ ±¸Àý (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)
*attentive ÁÖÀÇ ±íÀº
*cultivate (cultivating) ¾ç¼ºÇÏ´Ù

¢¼ ¡®He who although counterfeiting the virtuous is forward, disgraces families, is impudent, deceitful, unrestrained, a babbler, walking in disguise, such a one is a maggadusin (that is, defiling the way).¡¯ (88)
¡°¸Í¼¼ÇÑ °èÀ²À» Àß ÁöÅ°´Â üÇÏÁö¸¸, °íÁý ¼¼°í °¡¹®À» ´õ·´È÷¸ç, ¿À¸¸ÇÏ°í ³²À» ¼ÓÀ̸ç, ÀÚÁ¦·ÂÀÌ ¾ø¾î ¼ö´ÙÀïÀ̸ç Àß³­ üÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷À» °¡¸®ÄÑ ¡®µµ¸¦ ´õ·´È÷´Â ÀÚ¡¯¶ó°í ÇÑ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ ¡®He who has penetrated these (four Samanas), who is a householder, possessed of knowledge, a pupil of the venerable ones, wise, having known that they all are such,-having seen so, his faith is not lost ; for how could he make the undepraved equal to the depraved and the pure equal to the impure?¡¯ (89)
¡°ÇнÄÀÌ ÀÖ°í ÃѸíÇÑ Àç°¡(î¤Ê«) ½Åµµ´Â, ¡®±×µé ³× Á¾·ùÀÇ ¼öÇàÀÚ´Â ´Ù ÀÌ¿Í °°´Ù¡¯°í ¾Ë¾Æ, ±×µéÀ» ÅëÂûÇÏ¿© ±×¿Í °°ÀÌ º¸´õ¶óµµ ±×ÀÇ ¹ÏÀ½Àº º¯ÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â´Ù. ±×´Â ´õ·´ÇôÁø °Í°ú ´õ·´ÇôÁöÁö ¾ÊÀº °Í, ûÁ¤ÇÑ ÀÌ¿Í Ã»Á¤ÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀº ÀÚ¸¦ È¥µ¿ÇÒ ¿°·Á°¡ ¾ø±â ¶§¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±
PARABHAVASUTTA
So it was heard by me : ÀÌ¿Í °°ÀÌ ³ª´Â µé¾ú´Ù.

¢¼ At one time Bhagavat dwelt at Savatthi, in Getavana, in the park of Anathapindika. Then when the night had come, a certain deity of a beautiful appearance, having illuminated the whole Getavana, went up to Bhagavat, and having approached and saluted him, he stood apart, and standing apart that deity addressed Bhagavat in stanzas:
¾î´À ¶§ °Å·èÇϽŠ½º½Â²²¼­´Â »ç¹åƼÀÇ Á¦Å¸ ½£, ¿Ü·Î¿î »ç¶÷µé¿¡°Ô ¸ÔÀ» °ÍÀ» ³ª´²ÁÖ´Â ÀåÀÚÀÇ µ¿»ê¿¡ °è½Ã¾ú´Ù. ÇÑ ¹ãÁß¿¡ À̸£·¯ ¿ë¸ð°¡ ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿î ÇÑ ½ÅÀÌ Á¦Å¸ ½£À» µÎ·ç ºñÃ߸鼭 ½º½Â²² °¡±îÀÌ ´Ù°¡¿Ô´Ù. ½º½Â²² ¿¹¹èµå¸° ÈÄ, ÇÑÂÊ¿¡ ¼­¼­ ½Ã·Î½á È£¼ÒÇÏ¿´´Ù.

*defile (¡­À») ´õ·´È÷´Ù
*householder Àç°¡(î¤Ê«)½Åµµ
* parabhara Æĸê, Æйè (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î)

¢¼ ¡®We ask (thee), Gotama, about a man that suffers loss ; having come to ask, Bhagavat, (tell us) what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§¡¯ (90)
¡°ÀúÈñ´Â ÆĸêÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ °íŸ¸¶²² ¿©Â޾°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. Æĸ꿡 À̸£´Â ¹®Àº ¾î¶² °ÍÀԴϱî? ½º½Â²² ±×°ÍÀ» ¹¯°íÀÚ ÀÌ·¸°Ô ã¾Æ¿Ô½À´Ï´Ù.¡±
¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®The winner is easily known, easily known (is also) the loser : he who loves Dhamma is the winner, he who hates Dhamma is the loser.¡¯ (91)
½º½ÂÀº ´ë´äÇϼ̴Ù. ¡°¹ø¿µÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷µµ ¾Ë¾Æº¸±â ½±°í, Æĸ굵 ¾Ë¾Æº¸±â ½±´Ù. Áø¸®¸¦ »ç¶ûÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷Àº ¹ø¿µÇÏ°í, Áø¸®¸¦ ½È¾îÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷Àº ¸ÁÇÑ´Ù.¡±
¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the first loser ; tell (us) the second, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (92)
¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ Ã¹Â° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, µÑ° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®Wicked men are dear to him, he does not do anything that is dear to the good, he approves of the Dhamma of the wicked, -that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (93)
¡°³ª»Û »ç¶÷À» °¡±îÀÌÇÏ°í ÂøÇÑ »ç¶÷À» ¸Ö¸®Çϸç, ³ª»Û »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÇÏ´Â ÀÏÀ» ÁÁ¾ÆÇϸé ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the second loser; tell us the third, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (94)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ µÑ° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¼Â° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

* a man that suffers loss Æĸê(Æйè)ÇÑ »ç¶÷
* cause ÀÌÀ¯ (¿©±â¼­´Â ÀÇ¿ªÇØ ¡®¹® Ú¦¡¯)
* approve ÁÁ´Ù°í ÀÎÁ¤ÇÏ´Ù, Âù¼ºÇÏ´Ù
* wicked »ç¾ÇÇÑ ³ª»Û
¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®The man who is drowsy, fond of society and without energy, lazy, given to anger, - that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (95)¡°È°±â°¡ ¾ø°í Ä£±¸ »ç±Í±â¸¦ ÁÁ¾ÆÇϸç, ºÐ¹ßÇÏ¿© Á¤ÁøÇÏÁö ¾Ê°í °ÔÀ¸¸£¸ç, °ÉÇÍÇϸé È­¸¦ Àß ³»´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±
¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the third loser ; tell us the fourth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (96)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¼Â° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ³Ý° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ, ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®He who being rich does not support mother or father who are old or past
their youth,£­that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (97)¡°ÀÚ±â´Â dzÁ·ÇÏ°Ô »ì°í ÀÖÀ¸¸é¼­ ´Ä¾î ¼è¾àÇÑ ºÎ¸ð´Â µ¹º¸Áö ¾Ê´Â ±×·± »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±
¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the fourth loser ; tell us the fifth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (98)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ³Ý° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô ´Ù¼¸Â° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®He who by falsehood deceives either a Brahmans or a Samana or any other mendicant,£­that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (99)
¡°¹Ù¶ó¹®À̳ª »ç¹®, ȤÀº ´Ù¸¥ °É½ÄÇÏ´Â À̸¦ °ÅÁþ¸»·Î ¼ÓÀδٸé, ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

* drowsy È°±â°¡ ¾ø´Â
* falsehood °ÅÁþ. ÇãÀ§
* mandicant Ź¹ß ¼öµµ½Â
¢¼ Deity : £§We know this to be so, this is the fifth loser ;tell us the sixth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (100)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ´Ù¼¸Â° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¿©¼¸Â° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : £§The man who is possessed of much property, who has gold and food, (and still) enjoys alone his sweet things, - that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (101)
¡°Ç³Á·ÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ ¾öû³ª°Ô ¸¹Àº Àç»ê°ú ±Í±Ý¼Ó°ú ¸ÔÀ» °ÍÀ» ÀÚ±â È¥ÀÚ¼­¸¸ µ¶½ÄÇÑ´Ù¸é, ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : £§We know this to be so, this is the sixth loser ; tell us the seventh, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§
¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¿©¼¸Â° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ÀÏ°ö° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±
¢¼ Bhagavat : £§The man who proud of his birth, of his wealth, and of his family, despises his relatives, - that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (103)
¡°Ç÷ÅëÀ» »Ë³»°í Àç»ê°ú ¹®¹úÀ» ÀÚ¶ûÇϸ鼭 ÀÚ±âÀÇ Ä£Ã´À» ¸ê½ÃÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : £§We know this to be so, this is the seventh loser : tell us the eighth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (104)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ÀÏ°ö° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¿©´ü° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

* possess (v) ¼ÒÀ¯ÇÏ´Ù, °¡Áö´Ù
* property (n) ˍȐ
* despise (v) °æ¸êÇÏ´Ù
* relative (n) ģô, ÀÏ°¡
KASIBHARADVGASUTTA
(¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ°æ)

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®The man who given to women, to strong drink, and to dice, wastes whatever he has gained,£­that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (105)
¡°¿©ÀÚ, ¼ú, µµ¹Ú¿¡ ºüÁ® ¹ö´Â Á·Á· ÅÁÁøÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the eighth loser ; tell us the ninth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (106)
¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¿©´ü° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¾Æȩ° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®He who, not satisfied with his own wife, is seen with harlots and the wives of others,£­that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (107)
¡°Àڱ⠾ȳ»·Î ¸¸Á·ÇÏÁö ¾Ê°í, ¸ÅÃáºÎ³ª ³²ÀÇ ¾Æ³»¿Í ¾î¿ï¸®´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : ¡®We know this to be so, this is the ninth loser ; tell us the tenth, O Bhagavat, what (is) the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (108)
¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¾Æȩ° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¿­¹ø° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : ¡®The man who past his youth, brings home a woman with breasts like the timbaru fruit, and for jealousy of her cannot sleep,£­that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡¯ (109)
¡°ÇÑ⶧¸¦ Áö³­ ³²ÀÚ°¡ ƾ¹ß ¿­¸Åó·³ ºÒ·èÇÑ Á¥°¡½¿À» °¡Áø ÀþÀº ¿©ÀÎÀ» Áý¾ÈÀ¸·Î µ¥·Á¿À°í, ±×³à¸¦ ÁúÅõÇÏ´Â ÀÏ·Î ¹ãÀáÀ» ÀÌ·çÁö ¸øÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

*dice (n) µµ¹Ú, ÁÖ»çÀ§
*harlot ¸ÅÃáºÎ
*satisfied (a) ¸¸Á·ÇÑ, ÈíÁ·ÇÑ
*jealousy (n) ÁúÅõ
¢¼ Deity : £§We know this to be so, this is the tenth loser; tell us the eleventh, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (110)
¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¿­¹ø° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¿­Çѹø° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : £§He who places in supremacy a woman given to drink and squandering, or a man of the same kind, - that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (111)

¡°¼ú°ú °í±â ¸À¿¡ ºüÁ® Àç¹°À» ÇìÇÁ°Ô ¾²´Â ¿©ÀÚ³ª ³²ÀÚ¿¡°Ô Áý¾ÈÀÏÀÇ ½Ç±ÇÀ» ¸Ã±ä´Ù¸é, ÀÌ°ÍÀº ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

¢¼ Deity : £§We know this to be so, this is the eleventh loser; tell us the twelfth, O Bhagavat, what is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).£§ (112)¡°Àß ¾Ë°Ú½À´Ï´Ù. ¿ÇÀº ¸»¾¸ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ¿­Çѹø° ÆĸêÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ½º½Â´Ô, ¿­µÎ¹ø° °ÍÀ» ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ. ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®Àº ¹«¾ùÀԴϱî?¡±

¢¼ Bhagavat : £§He who has little property, (but) great craving, is born in a Khattiya family and wishes for the kingdom in this world, - that is the cause (of loss) to the losing (man).¡®(113)¡¯

¡°Å©»þÆ®¸®¾ß(ÙëÞÍ) Áý¾È¿¡ ž »ç¶÷ÀÌ ±Ç¼¼´Â ÀÛÀºµ¥ ¿å¸Á¸¸ Ä¿¼­, ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡¼­ ¿ÕÀ§¸¦ ¾ò°íÀÚ ÇÑ´Ù¸é, ÀÌ°ÍÀÌ ÆĸêÀÇ ¹®ÀÌ´Ù.¡±

* surpremacy (n) Áö¹è±Ç
* squander (v) ÅÁÁøÇÏ´Ù
* insight ÅëÂû·Â, ¾È½Ä(äÑãÛ)
* crave (v) ¿­¸ÁÇÏ´Ù
* property (n) Àç»ê (¿©±â¼­´Â ÀÇ¿ªÇØ £§±Ç¼¼£§)
* little A, great B (´ëĪ±¸Á¶) A´Â ÀÛÀºµ¥, B´Â Ä¿¼­
¢¼ ¡®Having taken into consideration these losses in the world, the wise, venerable man, who is endowed with insight, cultivates the happy world (of the gods).¡¯
¡°ÇöÀÚ¿Í ¼ºÀÚµéÀº ¼¼»óÀÇ ÀÌ¿Í °°Àº ÆĸêÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù´Â °ÍÀ» Àß »ìÇǾî, ÇöÀÚ¿Í ¼ºÀÚµéÀº Áø¸®¸¦ º¸°í ÇູÇÑ ¼¼°è¿¡ À̸¥´Ù.¡±

VASALASUTTA

¢¼So it was heard by me:At one time Bhagavat dwelt at Savatthi, in Getavana, in the park of Anathapindika. Then Bhagavat having put on his raiment in the morning, and having taken his bowl and his robes, entered Savatthi for alms.
³ª´Â ÀÌ·¸°Ô µé¾ú´Ù:¾î´À³¯ °Å·èÇϽŠ½º½ÂÀº »çÀ§¼º(ÞìêÛàò) Á¦Å¸ ½£, ±Þ°íµ¶ÀåÀÚ(Ðå͵Լíþíº)ÀÇ °ø¿ø¿¡ °è¼Ì´Ù. ±×¶§ ½º½Â²²¼­´Â ¾Æħ¿¡ ÀǺ¹À» ÀÔ°í ¹Ù·ç¿Í °¡»ç¸¦ °ÉÄ¡°í ¹äÀ» ºô·¯ »çÀ§¼º(àò)¿¡ µé¾î°¡¼Ì´Ù.

¢¼Now at that time in the house of the Brahmana Aggikabharadvaga the fire was blazing, the offering brought forth. Then Bhagavat going or alms from house to house in Savatthi went to the house of the Brahmana Aggikabharadvaga.

±×¶§ ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚÀÇ Áý¿¡´Â ¼ºÈ­(á¡ûý)°¡ ÄÑÁö°í Àç¹°ÀÌ ¿Ã·ÁÁ® ÀÖ¾ú´Ù. ½º½ÂÀº »çÀ§¼º ÀÌÁýÀúÁýÀ» Ź¹ßÇϸ鼭 ±×ÀÇ Áý¿¡ °¡±îÀÌ °¡¼Ì´Ù.

* venerable man ¼ºÀÚ
* endow (¡­¿¡°Ô) ºÎ¿©ÇÏ´Ù
* insight ÅëÂû·Â, ¾È½Ä(äÑãÛ)
*vasala (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) õ¹Î(-sutta õ¹Î¿¡ °üÇÑ °æÀü)
*dwell (v) ¸Ó¹«¸£´Ù (dwelt °ú°ÅÇü)
*Anathapindika (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) Ðå͵Լíþíº, »çÀ§¼º¿¡ »ì°í
ÀÖ´Â ºÎÀ¯ÇÑ »óÀÎ
*raiment (n) ÀǺ¹
*robe (n) °¡»ç
*Savatti (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) »çÀ§¼º(àò), ²¿»ì¶ó±¹ÀÇ ¼öµµ
*alms (n) Ź¹ß(öõÛ¤)

¢¼ The Brahmana Aggikbharadvaga saw Bhagavat coming at a distance, and seeing him he said this: ¡®Stay there, O Shaveling; (stay) there, O wrectched Samana; (stay) there, O Vasalaka!¡¯
¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ½º½ÂÀÌ ¸Ö¸®¼­ ¿À´Â °ÍÀ» º¸´õ´Ï ÀÌ·¸°Ô ¸»Çß´Ù. ¡°¸Ó¸®±ðÀº ¶¯Ãʾß, °Å±â ¼­¶ó. ÃʶóÇÑ »ç¹®¾Æ, ¸ØÃß¾î¶ó. õÇÑ ³ð¾Æ, °Å±â ¼¹°Å¶ó.¡±
This having been said, Bhagavat replied to the Brahmana Aggikabharadvaga; ¡®Do you know, O Brahmana, an outcast, or the things that make an outcast?¡¯
À̸»À» µéÀº ½º½ÂÀº ºÒÀ» ¼¶±â´Â ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ùµå¶ó¹ÙÀÚ¿¡°Ô ¸»¾¸Çϼ̴Ù. ¡°¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ¿©, ±×´ë´Â õÇÑ »ç¶÷À» ¾Ë°í ÀÖ¼Ò? ¶Ç õÇÑ »ç¶÷À» ¸¸µå´Â Á¶°ÇÀÌ ¹«¾ùÀÎÁö¸¦ ¾Ë°í ÀÖ¼Ò?¡±

¡®No, O venerable Gotama, I do not know an outcast, or the things that make an outcast; let the venerable Gotama teach me this so well that I may know an outcast, or the things that make an outcast.¡¯
¡°°íŸ¸¶¿© Àú´Â õÇÏ°Ô ¸¸µå´Â Á¶°ÇÀÌ ¹«¾ùÀÎÁö ¾ËÁö ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù. °íŸ¸¶¿© ºÎµð Á¦°¡ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À» ¸¸µå´Â Á¶°ÇÀÌ ¹«¾ùÀÎÁö ¾Ë ¼ö ÀÖµµ·Ï ±× ÀÌÄ¡¸¦ ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ.¡±

¡®Listen then, O Brahmana, attend carefully, I will tell you.¡¯¡®Even so, O venerable one,¡¯ so the Brahmana Aggikabharadvaga replied to Bhagavat. Then Bhagavat said this;
¡°¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ¿© ³»°¡ ¾Ë·ÁÁÙÅÍÀÌ´Ï ÁÖÀDZí°Ô µéÀ¸½Ã¿À.¡± ¡°³×, ¾î¼­ ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁֽʽÿÀ.¡± ºÒÀ» ¼¶±â´Â ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ½º½Â²² ´ë´äÇß´Ù. ½º½ÂÀº ¸»Çß´Ù.

*shaveling (n) »è¹ßÇÑ ½Â·Á¸¦ ³·Ãß¾î ºÎ¸£´Â ¸»
*wretched (a) ¾ÆÁÖ ÃʶóÇÑ, ºÒ½ÖÇÑ
*Vasalaka (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) õ¹Î (=vasala)
*outcast (n) õÇÑ »ç¶÷ (=vasala)
*attend (v) ÁÖÀÇÇÏ´Ù

¢¼ ¡®The man who is angry and bears hatred, who is wicked and hypocritical, who is deceitful, let one know him as an outcast.¡¯

¡°È­¸¦ Àß ³»°í ¿øÇÑÀ» Ç°À¸¸ç, °£»çÇÏ°í »ç¾ÇÇؼ­ ³²ÀÇ ¹Ì´öÀ» µ¤¾î¹ö¸®°í, ±×¸©µÈ ¼Ò°ßÀ¸·Î À½¸ðÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.¡±
¢¼ ¡®whosoever in this world harms living beings, whether once or twice born, and in whom there is no compassion for living beings, let one know him as an outcast.¡¯

¡°ÇÑ ¹ø ž´Â °ÍÀ̰ųª µÎ ¹ø ž´Â °ÍÀ̰ųª, ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡´Â »ý¹°À» ÇØÄ¡°í µ¿Á¤½ÉÀÌ ¾ø´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.¡±

¢¼ ¡®whosoever destroys or lays siege to villages and towns, and is known as an enemy, let one know him as an outcast.¡¯

¡°½Ã°ñ°ú µµ½Ã¸¦ Æı«ÇÏ°í Æ÷À§ÇÏ¿©, µ¶ÀçÀڷμ­ ³Î¸® ¾Ë·ÁÁø »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.¡±

¢¼ ¡®Be it in the village or in the wood, whosoever appropriates by theft what is the property of others and what has not been given, let one know him as an outcast.¡¯

¸¶À»¿¡¼­³ª ½£¿¡¼­³ª ³²ÀÇ °ÍÀ» ÁÖÁöµµ ¾Ê´Âµ¥ ÈÉÄ¡·Á´Â »ý°¢À¸·Î À̸¦ ÃëÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

*appropriate (v) Âøº¹ÇÏ´Ù
*theft (n) ÈÉħ, Àýµµ
*property (n) Àç»ê, ¼ÒÀ¯¹° *hatred (n) ¿øÇÑ, Áõ¿À
*wicked (a) »ç¾ÇÇÑ, ºÎµµ´öÇÑ
*hypocritical (a) À§¼±ÀÚÀûÀÎ
*harm (n) ÇؾÇ, ÇØ
*whether A or B [A µçÁö B µçÁö°£¿¡]
*compassion (n) µ¿Á¤½É
*destroy (v) Æı«ÇÏ´Ù
*lay (v) ³õ´Ù, ¹èÄ¡ÇÏ´Ù
*siege (n) Æ÷À§

¢¼ whosoever strikes or by words annoys mother or father, brother, sister, or mother-in-law, let one know him as an outcast.
ºÎ¸ð, ÇüÁ¦, ÀڸŠȤÀº °è¸ð¸¦ ¶§¸®°Å³ª ¸»·Î½á ±«·ÓÈ÷´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Whosoever, being asked about what is good, teaches what is bad and advises (another, while) concealing (something form him), let one know him as an outcast.

»ó´ë°¡ ¼±(à¼)À» ¹°¾úÀ» ¶§, ¾Ç(äÂ)À» °¡¸£ÃÄÁְųª ¼û±ä ÀÏÀ» ¹ß¼³ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À

¢¼ Whosoever, having committed a bad deed, hopes (saying), Let no one know me (as having done it, who is) a dissembler, let one know him as an outcast.

³ª»Û ÇàÀ§¸¦ Çϸ鼭, ¾Æ¹«µµ °¡Áö°¡ ÇÑ ÀÏÀ» ¸ð¸£±â¸¦ ¹Ù¶ó¸ç ¼û±â´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Whosoever, having gone to another£§s house and partaken of his good food, does not in return honour him when he comes, let one know him as an outcast.

³²ÀÇ Áý¿¡ °¬À» ¶§´Â À¶¼þÇÑ ´ëÁ¢À» ¹ÞÀ¸¸é¼­, ±× ÂÊ¿¡¼­ ¼Õ´ÔÀ¸·Î ¿ÔÀ» ¶§´Â ¿¹ÀÇ·Î½á º¸´äÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Whosoever by falsehood deceives either a Brahmana or a Samana or any other mendicant, let one know him as an outcast.

¹Ù¶ó¹®À̳ª »ç¹® ¶Ç´Â °É½Ä(Ë÷ãÝ)ÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷¿¡°Ô °ÅÁþ¸»·Î ¼ÓÀÌ´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

* annoy (v) ±«·ÓÈ÷´Ù
* mother-in-law (n) °è¸ð
* conceal (v) ¼û±â´Ù
* dissembler (v) (ÇàÀ§, Àǵµ µîÀ») ¼û±â´Ù
* partak (v) (³²°ú ÇÔ²²) ¸Ô´Ù(¸¶½Ã´Ù) (~of)
* falsehood (n) °ÅÁþ, ÇãÀ§
* deceive (v) (°ÅÁþ¸» µûÀ§·Î) ¼ÓÀÌ´Ù
* mendicant (n) Ź¹ß½Â, °ÅÁö

¢¼ Whosoever by words annoys either a Brahmana or a Samana when meal-time has come and does not give (him anything), let one know him as an outcast.
½Ä»ç ¶§°¡ µÇ¾ú´Âµ¥µµ ¹Ù¶ó¹®À̳ª »ç¹®¿¡°Ô ¿åÇÏ¸ç ¸ÔÀ» °ÍÀ» ÁÖÁö ¾Ê´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Whosoever enveloped in ignorance in this world predicts what is not (to take place), coveting a trifle, let one know him as an outcast.

ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡¼­ ¾î¸®¼®À½¿¡ ½Î¿© »ç¼ÒÇÑ Àç¹°Àº ÅξøÀÌ Å¸³»¾î ÀϾÁöµµ ¾ÊÀ» ÀÏÀ» ¿¹¾ðÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Whosoever reviles buddha or his disciple, be he a wandering mendicant (paribbaga) or a householder (gahattha), let one know him as an outcast.

±ú´ÞÀº »ç¶÷ »Ó¸¸ ¾Æ´Ï¶ó ±×ÀÇ Á¦ÀÚ Áß¿¡¼­ Ź¹ßÇϰųª Àç°¡ÀÇ Á¦ÀÚµéÀ» Çæ¶â´Â »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ whosoever without being a saint (arahat) pretends to be a saint, (and is) a thief in all the worlds including that of Brahman, he is indeed the lowest outcast; (all) these who have been described by me to you are indeed called outcasts.

¼ºÀÚ(¾Æ¶óÇÑ)µµ ¾Æ´Ï¸é¼­ ¼ºÀÚ¶ó°í »çĪÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷Àº Àü ¿ìÁÖÀÇ µµµÏÀÌ¿À. ±×·± »ç¶÷À̾߸»·Î ½ÇÀº °¡Àå õÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ¿À. ³»°¡ ´ç½Å¿¡°Ô ¸»ÇÑ ÀÌ·¯ÇÑ »ç¶÷µéÀº ¸ðµÎ°¡ ÂüÀ¸·Î õÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ¿À.

* predict (v) ¿¹¾ðÇÏ´Ù
* covet (v) ÅξøÀÌ Å½³»´Ù
* pretend (v) »çĪÇÏ´Ù
* revile (v) ºñ¹æÇÏ´Ù
* mendicant (ad) Ź¹ßÇÏ´Â
* householder (n) Àç°¡ºÒÀÚ

¢¼ Whosoever exalts himself and despises others, being mean by his pride, let one know him as an outcast.
ÀÚ½ÅÀ» ĪÂùÇÏ°í ³²À» ±òº¸¸ç, ½º½º·ÎÀÇ ±³¸¸ ¶§¹®¿¡ ºñ±¼ÇØÁø »ç¶÷, ±×¸¦ õÇÑ »ç¶÷À¸·Î ¾Æ½Ã¿À.

¢¼ Not by birth does one become an outcast, not by birth does one become a Brahmana; by deeds one becomes an outcast, by deeds one becomes a Brahmana
³¯ ¶§ºÎÅÍ ÃµÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ µÇ´Â °ÍÀº ¾Æ´Ï¿À. ž¸é¼­ ¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ µÇ´Â °Íµµ ¾Æ´Ï¿À. ¹Ù·Î ÇàÀ§¿¡ ÀÇÇؼ­ õÇÑ »ç¶÷µµ µÇ°í ¹Ù¶ó¹®µµ µÇ´Â °ÍÀÌ¿À.

¢¼ Know ye this in the way that this example of mine (shows): There was a Kandala of the Sopaka caste, well known as Matanga
³ª´Â ´ÙÀ½¿¡ ½Ç·Ê¸¦ µé°ÚÀ¸´Ï ÀÌ°ÍÀ¸·Î ³» ¸»¶æÀ» ¾Ë¾ÆµéÀ¸½Ã¿À. Âù´Ù¶óÁ·ÀÇ ¾ÆµéÀ̸ç, °³¹éÁ¤ ¸¶ÅÁ°¡·Î ¼¼»ó¿¡ ¾Ë·ÁÁø »ç¶÷ÀÌ ÀÖ¾ú¼Ò.

¢¼ This Matanga reached the highest fame, such as was very difficult to obtain, and many Khattiyas and Brahmanas went to serve him.

±× ¸¶ÅÁ°¡´Â ¾ò±â ¾î·Á¿î ÃÖ»óÀÇ ¸í¼ºÀ» ¾ò¾ú¼Ò. ¸¹Àº ¿ÕÁ·°ú ¹Ù¶ó¹®µéÀÌ ±×¸¦ ¼¶±â·Á°í ¸ð¿©µé¾ú¼Ò.

¢¼ He having mounted the vehicle of the gods, (and entered) the high road (that is) free from dust, having abandoned sensual desires, went to the Brahma world.

±×´Â ½ÅµéÀÇ ¸¶Â÷¿¡ ¿Ã¶óŸ°í Çã¸ÁÇÑ ¿å¸ÁÀÇ Æ¼²ø·Î ºÎÅÍ ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿î ´ëµµ(ÓÞÔ³)¿¡ µé¾î¼­ ¹üõÀÇ ¼¼°è·Î °¡°Ô µÇ¾ú¼Ò.

* despise (v) ±òº¸´Ù, °æ¸êÇÏ´Ù
* sopaka (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) ¾ÆÁÖ ³·Àº °è±ÞÀÇ »ç¶÷
* fame (n) ¸í¼º, ¸í¿¹
* vehicle (n) ¸¶Â÷
* deceive (v) (°ÅÁþ¸» µûÀ§·Î) ¼ÓÀÌ´Ù
* mendicant (n) Ź¹ß½Â, °ÅÁö

¢¼ His birth did not prevent him from being re-born in the Brahma world ; on the other hand there are Brahmanas, born in the family of preceptors, friends of the hymns of the Vedas
±×µéÀº ºê¶ó¸¸À¸·Î ´Ù½Ã ž ¼ö ÀÖ´Ù. ¹Ý¸é º£´Ù µ¶¼ÛÇÏ´Â »ç¶÷ÀÇ Ä£±¸³ª ±³»çÀÇ °¡Á¤¿¡ ž ±Û±Í¿¡ Ä£¼÷ÇÑ ¹Ù¶ó¹®µéÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù.

¢¼ But they are continually caught in sinful deeds, and are to be blamed in this world, while in the coming (world) hell (awaits them); birth does not save them from hell nor from blame.

±×·¯³ª ±×µéÀº ³ª»Û ÇàÀ§¿¡ ºüÁ®µé°í Çö¼¼¿¡¼­ ºñ³­À» ¹Þ´Â´Ù¸é ³»¼¼¿¡´Â ³ª»Û °÷¿¡ ž¿À. ½ÅºÐÀÌ ³ôÀº Å»ýµµ ±×µéÀÌ ³ª»Û °÷¿¡ ž´Â °ÍÀ», ±×¸®°í ºñ³­¹Þ´Â °ÍÀ» ¸·À» ¼ö ¾ø¼Ò.

¢¼ Therefore not by birth does one become an outcast, not by birth does one become a Brahmana, by deeds one becomes an outcast, by deeds one become a Brhmana.

µû¶ó¼­ ³¯ ¶§ºÎÅÍ ÃµÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ µÇ´Â °ÍÀº ¾Æ´Ï¿À, ³¯ ¶§ºÎÅÍ ¹Ù¶ó¹®ÀÌ µÇ´Â °Íµµ ¾Æ´Ï¿À. ¿À·ÎÁö ±× ÇàÀ§·ÎÀÎÇØ ÃµÇÑ »ç¶÷µµ µÇ°í ¹Ù¶ó¹®µµ µÇ´Â °ÍÀÌ¿À.

¢¼ This having been said, the Brahmana Aggikabharadvaga answered Bhagavat as follows:
ÀÌ¿Í °°ÀÌ ¸»¾¸ÇϼÌÀ» ¶§¿¡ ºÒÀ» ¼¶±â´Â ¹Ù¶ó¹® ¹Ù¶óµå¹ÙÀÚ´Â ½º½Â²² »ç·Ú¾ú´Ù.

¢¼ Excellent, O venerable Gotama! Excellent, O venerable Gotama! As one, O venerable Gotama! raises what has been overthrown, or reveals what has been hidden.

ÈǸ¢ÇϽŠ¸»¾¸À̽ʴϴÙ, °íŸ¸¶½Ã¿©. ÈǸ¢ÇÑ ¸»¾¸À̽ʴϴÙ, °íŸ¸¶½Ã¿©. ¸¶Ä¡ ³Ñ¾îÁø »ç¸§À» ÀÏÀ¸ÄÑÁÖµíÀÌ, µ¤ÀÎ °ÍÀ» ¹þ°ÜÁÖ¾ú½À´Ï´Ù.

* preceptor (n) ±³»ç

METTASUTTA
metta (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) ÀÚºñ·Î¿î mettasutta(ÀÚºñ·Î¿î °æÀü) mettacitta(ÀÚºñ·Î¿î ¸¶À½)
¢¼ Whatever is to be done by one who is skillful in seeking (what is) good, having attained that tranquil state (of Nibbana):-Let him be able and upright and conscientious and of soft speech, gentle, not proud.
»ç¹°¿¡ Åë´ÞÇÑ »ç¶÷ÀÌ Æò¾ÈÇÑ °æÁö¿¡ À̸£·¯ ÇØ¾ß ÇÒ ÀÏÀº ´ÙÀ½°ú °°´Ù. À¯´ÉÇÏ°í Á¤Á÷ÇÏ°í ¸»¾¾´Â »ó³ÉÇÏ°í ºÎµå·¯¿ì¸ç, Àß³­ üÇÏÁö ¸»¾Æ¾ß ÇÑ´Ù.

¢¼ And contented and easily supported and having few cares, unburdened and with his sense calmed and wise, not arrogant, without(showing) greediness (when going his round) in families.

¸¸Á·ÇÒ ÁÙÀº ¾Ë°í, ¸¹Àº °ÍÀ» ±¸ÇÏÁö ¾Ê°í, ÀâÀÏÀ» ÁÙÀÌ°í »ýÈ°µµ °£¼ÒÇÏ°Ô Çϸç, ¸ðµç °¨°üÀÌ ¾ÈÁ¤µÇ°í ÃѸíÇÏ¸ç ¸¶À½ÀÌ ÈåÆ®·¯ÁöÁö ¾ÊÀ¸¸é, ³²ÀÇ Áý¿¡ °¡¼­µµ Ž¿åÀ» ºÎ¸®Áö ¾Ê´Â´Ù.

¢¼ And let him not do anything mean for which others who are wise might reprove (him); may all beings be happy and secure, may they be happy-minded.

´Ù¸¥ ½ÄÀÚµé·ÎºÎÅÍ ºñ³­À» »ì ¸¸ÇÑ ºñ¿­ÇÑ ÇൿÀ» °áÄÚ Çؼ­´Â ¾ÈµÈ´Ù. »ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â ¸ðµç °ÍÀº ´Ù ÇູÇ϶ó. ÅÂÆòÇ϶ó. ¾È¶ôÇ϶ó.

¢¼ Whatever living beings there are, either feeble or strong, all either long or great, middled-sized, short, small or large,
°Ì¿¡ ¶³°Å³ª °­ÇÏ°í ±»¼¼°Å³ª, ±×¸®°í ±ä °ÍÀÌ°Ç Å« °ÍÀÌ°Ç Áß°£Ä¡°Ç, ª°í °¡´Â °ÍÀÌ°Ç, ¶Ç´Â Á¶ÀâÇÏ°í °Å´ëÇÑ °ÍÀÌ°Ç°£¿¡ ¾î¶² »ý¹°À̵ç Á¸ÀçÇÏ´Â ÀÌÀ¯°¡ ÀÖ´Ù.

* tranquil (a) [¸¶À½ µî] Â÷ºÐÇÑ, ÆòÈ­·Î¿î
* upright (a) Á¤Á÷ÇÑ, °í°áÇÑ (= conscientious)
* arrogant (a) °Å¸¸ÇÑ, °Åµå¸§ ºÎ¸®´Â
* reprove (v) ºñ³­ÇÏ´Ù, Ã¥¸ÁÇÏ´Ù

¢¼ Either seen or which are not seen, and which live far (or) near, either born or seeking birth, may all creatures be happy-minded.
´«¿¡ º¸ÀÌ´Â °ÍÀ̳ª º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â °ÍÀ̳ª, ¸Ö¸® ¶Ç´Â °¡±îÀÌ »ì°í ÀÖ´Â °ÍÀ̳ª, ÀÌ¹Ì Å¾ °ÍÀ̳ª ¾ÕÀ¸·Î ž °ÍÀ̰ųª »ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â ¸ðµç °ÍÀº ´Ù ÇູÇ϶ó.

¢¼ Let no one deceive another, let him not despise (another) in any place, let him not out of anger or resentment wish harm to another.

¾î´À ´©±¸µµ ³²À» ¼Ó¿©¼­´Â ¾ÈµÈ´Ù. ¶Ç ¾îµð¼­³ª ³²À» °æ¸êÇؼ­µµ ¾ÈµÈ´Ù. ³²À» °ñ·ÁÁÙ »ý°¢À¸·Î È­¸¦ ³»¾î ³²¿¡°Ô °íÅëÀ» Á־µµ ¾ÈµÈ´Ù.

¢¼ As a mother at the risk of her life watches over her own child, her only child, so also let every one cultivate a boundless (friendly) mind towards all beings.

¸¶Ä¡ ¾î¸Ó´Ï°¡ ¸ñ¼ûÀ» °É°í ¿Ü¾ÆµéÀ» ¾Æ³¢µíÀÌ, ¸ðµÎ »ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â °Í¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ ÇÑ·®¾ø´Â ÀÚºñ½ÉÀ» ³»¶ó.

¢¼ And let him cultivate goodwill towards all the world, a boundless friendly mind, above and below and across, unobstructed, without hatred, without enmity.

¶ÇÇÑ ¼¼°è¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ ÇÑ·®¾ø´Â ÀÚºñ¸¦ ÇàÇ϶ó. À§ ¾Æ·¡·Î, ¶Ç´Â ¿·À¸·Î Àå¾Ö¿Í ¿øÇÑ°ú ÀûÀÇ°¡ ¾ø´Â ÀÚºñ¸¦ ÇàÇ϶ó.

* may ±ÇÀ¯ Á¶µ¿»ç [¡­ÇÏ¿©¶ó]
* creature (n) ÀÌ ¼¼»ó ¸ðµç °Í, (¸ðµç) âÁ¶¹°
* deceive (v) ¼ÓÀÌ´Ù, ±â¸¸ÇÏ´Ù
* despise (v) °æ¸êÇÏ´Ù, ±òº¸´Ù
* resentment (n) ¿øÇÑ, ºÐ³ë
* bound (n) ÇÑ°è, °æ°è¼± (¡­less, Çѷɾø´Â)
* across ¿·À¸·Î, °¡·ÎÁú·¯
* obstruct (v) ¸·´Ù, Àå¾Ö¹°À» ³õ´Ù (un¡­, °¡·Î¸·Áö ¾Ê´Â,
Àå¾Ö¹°ÀÌ ¾ø´Â)
* hatred (n) Áõ¿À, ¹Ì¿ò (=enmity)

¢¼ Standing, walking or sitting or lying, as long as he be awake, let him devote himself to this mind; this (way of) living they say is the best in this world.
¼­ ÀÖÀ» ¶§³ª ¾É¾Æ ÀÖÀ» ¶§³ª ´©¿ö¼­ ÀáµéÁö ¾Ê´ÂÇÑ, ÀÌ ÀÚºñ½ÉÀ» ±»°Ô °¡Áö¶ó. ÀÌ ¼¼»ó¿¡¼­´Â ÀÌ·¯ÇÑ »óŸ¦ ½Å¼ºÇÑ °æÁö¶ó ºÎ¸¥´Ù.

¢¼ He who, not having embraced philosophical views, is virtuous, endowed with perfect vision, after subbuing greediness for sensual pleasures, will never again go to a mother£§s womb.

¿Â°® »ñµÈ ¼Ò°ß¿¡ Æȸ®Áö ¸»°í, °èÇà(Ìüú¼)À» ÁöÅ°°í Áö°ß(ò±Ì¸)À» °®Ãß¾î ¸ðµç ¿å¸Á¿¡ ´ëÇÑ Å½ÂøÀ» ¹ö¸° »ç¶÷Àº °áÄÚ ´Ù½Ã´Â ¸ðÅÂ(Ù½÷Ã)¿¡ µå´Â ÀÏÀÌ ¾øÀ» °ÍÀÌ´Ù.

HEMAVATASUTTA
*HEMAVATA ±Ý°è(ÐÝÌü)°æÀü (hema ±Ý, vata °èÀ²)

¢¼ Today is the fifteenth, a fast day; a lovely night has come - so said the Yakkha Satagira£­let us go and see the renowned Master Gotama.

¿À´ÃÀº º¸¸§, Æ÷»ìÀÏÀÌ´Ù. ¼ø°áÇÑ ¹ãÀÌ °¡±î¿öÁ³´Ù. ÀÚ, ¿ì¸®µéÀº ¼¼»ó¿¡¼­ ¸í¼ºÀÌ ÀÚÀÚÇÑ ½º½Â °íŸ¸¶¸¦ ºÆ·¯ °¡ÀÚ. Ä¥¾Ç¾ßÂ÷°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù.

* devote oneself to ¡­¿¡ ÀϽÅÀ» ¹ÙÄ¡´Ù, ¿¡ Àü·ÅÇÏ´Ù
* embraced (v) ÁýÂøÇÏ´Ù
* virtuous (a) °í°áÇÑ, ´ö ÀÖ´Â
* endowe (v) Ÿ°í³ª´Ù, ºÎ¿©µÇ´Ù
* womb (v) ÀÚ±Ã, »ý¸íÀÌ ¹ß»ýÇÏ´Â °÷
* fast day Æ÷»ì(øÖß±)ÀÏ, ¿ø¶æÀº ±Ý½ÄÀÏ. ±âµ¶±³ ¹®È­±Ç¿¡¼­ ±Ý½ÄÀÏÀº ÀÚ½ÅÀ» ÂüȸÇÏ°í Á¾±³ÀǽÄÀ» Áö³»´Â ³¯À» ÁöĪÇÑ´Ù.

* lovely ¼ø°áÇÑ
* Satagira (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) Ä¥¾Ç¾ßÂ÷
* renowned ¸í¼ºÀÖ´Â
* yakkha (ºü¾Ë¸®¾î) ¾ßÂ÷, ±Í½Å (Àΰ£ÀÇ Á¤½ÅÀû ¹ßÀü¿¡ °ü½ÉÀ» °®°í ÀÖÀ¸¸ç ¼­¾çÀÇ ¾Ç¸¶¿Í´Â ´Ù¸£´Ù)

¢¼ Is the mind of such a one well disposed towards all beings? - so said the Yakkha Hemavata - are his thoughts restrained as to things wished for or not wished for?
ºÎó´ÔÀÇ ¸¶À½Àº »ì¾Æ ÀÖ´Â ¸ðµç »ý¹°¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ ÁÁÀº °¨Á¤À» Ç°°í ÀÖÀ»±î. ¶Ç ±×ºÐÀÇ »ý°¢Àº ¹Ù¶ó´ø °ÍÀ̳ª ¹Ù¶óÁö ¾Ê´ø °Í¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­µµ ÀÚÁ¦µÉ ¼ö ÀÖÀ»±î. ¼³»ê¾ßÂ÷°¡ ¸»Çß´Ù.

¢¼ His mind is well disposed towards all beings, the mind of such a one - so said the Yakkha Satagira - and his thoughts are restrained as to things wished for or not wished for.

<</table>

¢ÑƯ¼ö¹®ÀÚ
hi